1. Download the self-extracting zip file "OMSA421.exe"
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After the files have been unpacked, you may delete the self-extracting
file downloaded in step 1.
4. To install, run the "setup.exe" program in the directory to which you
unpacked the OpenManage Server Agent files. See following.
Dell OpenManage Server Agent 4.2.1 provides support for unattended
installation on Windows NT and Windows 2000. This feature is
documented in the Dell OpenManage Server Agent User's Guide.
The following information supplements the procedures provided in
the user's guide.
NOTE: Executing the unattended install program "setup.exe /s" is
an asynchronous operation like many Microsoft Windows applications.
Once you have entered the "setup.exe /s" command, the task returns
to the batch stream or command line prompt while the unattended
install continues to execute in the background.
1. If you want to pause the batch stream until the unattended
install completes, use the following command:
"start /wait setup.exe /s"
2. To activate the Dell OpenManage Server Agent after performing
the unattended installation, reboot the system.