Custom Instructions for 8106-020013.exe:
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click the "I agree" link if you accept the agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
NOTE: You must provide a DOS bootable media, such as a USB key. This executable file does not create the DOS system files.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file.
2. Update the name of the file to DOS recognizable format (8.3). If you do not update the filename to 8.3 format, the filename will be truncated to 8.3 format.
3. Copy the file to the bootable device.
4. Boot the system to DOS by using the bootable device.
5. Run the executable under DOS. Follow the instructions provided by the flash utility.
Instructions for 8106-020013BIOS.txt:
1) Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2) Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3) Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4) Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5) If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
6) Double click the Icon on your desktop for the newly saved file.
The Dell Bios Release Notes window appears.
Custom Instructions for 8106-020013-BDP.exe:
NOTE: In order to create BIOS update media using this package, this file must be downloaded to and executed on a system running Microsoft Windows. This package can be used to create a bootable, USB flash drive or CD.
1. Select the download method you want to use to retrieve the file - either HTTP or FTP.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, read the agreement and then select either "I agree" or "I disagree".
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save.
4. From the Save As dialog, select a location and a file name then click "Save".
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close.
BIOS Update Media Creation
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click it to extract the BIOS update files and start the distribution application.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files and click Unzip to extract files. After the files are extracted, a message should appear indicating that all files were successfully unzipped.
3. Click the OK button to start the BIOS Distribution Package. Follow the on screen prompts to create the media desired.
Running the BIOS Update
1. Insert the media you created.
2. Boot the computer. (You may have to configure the boot order in BIOS setup to boot the media you created before other devices.)
3. Follow the on-screen prompts.
There will be a readme.txt file in the location you selected to unzip the files that contains additional and late breaking information. If you need to run the BIOS Distribution Package again, you can run the file BDP.exe from that same location.