1. Extract all provided zip files to the Bootable USB Drive (extract to the root directory).
This will create a DSRD folder on the USB drive.
2. Restart your PC and Press "F2" to enter System BIOS. Select -->System Configuration--> SATA Operation --> AHCI or ATA.
3. Under Boot Sequence set USB as the first boot device in the boot order (Refer to your system user guide).
4. Apply changed settings and power off the system.
(Applying Firmware Update)
1.Insert USB boot key and power on the system.
i) Check boot priority settings in your system BIOS if your system fails to boot from USB drive.
ii) DSRD application will execute only in IDE and AHCI modes of ATA / SATA /AHCI controllers. If it fails to run, check the BIOS setting for SATA Operation and ensure it is set to ATA or AHCI mode.
2. Execute DOSRD1_0.EXE in DSRD folder.
3. The message ¡°Samsung electronics FW Download Utility¡± will appear. Press any key to continue.
4. FW Utility will automatically detect your SSD and if a FW upgrade candidate is detected, the device name with old FW version will be displayed. Do not press any key at this time.
5. When the following prompt will appears ¡±Download FW on this disk?¡±, please press ¡®y¡¯ and hit ¡®enter¡¯ to continue.
6. A prompt will remind you to backup all data and ask you ¡±Do you want to continue?¡±, please press ¡®y¡¯. Before hitting ¡®enter,¡¯ please verify that you have backed up all pre-existing data on the device. This will begin the download process.
7. Once download is complete, the message will appear ¡°Firmware has been successfully upgraded!¡±
Even if the progression dot appears to have completed DO NOT PRESS ANY OTHER KEY such as ESC, Power Button, etc unless you see the "Firmware has been successfully updated!!"
8. DSRD will automatically terminate after firmware update completion.
9. Turn off the system power after firmware update has completed. You now have latest firmware version on your SSD!
10. Restart your PC and press "F2" to entering BIOS setting, Select -->System Configuration-->SATA operation, choose the original setting used prior to applying firmware update. Note: Factory default is IRRT or RAID.
1. The download tool will skip the firmware update process if the upgraded firmware version is already installed on the drive.
2. If you execute DSRD again when your SSD has the latest FW, you will see messaging that the same firmware revision exist on the drive and the tool will skip the firmware update process.