Custom Instructions for Readme_A11_R291590.txt:
Instructions for Readme_A11_R291590.txt:
1) Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
2) Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
3) Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
4) Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
5) If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
6) Double click the Icon on your desktop for the newly saved file.
The Dell Release Notes window appears.
Custom Instructions for MD3000_MD3000i-HDD_FW_A11_R291590.zip:
Custom Instructions for MD3000_MD3000i-HDD_FW_A10_R291590.zip:
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the .zip file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
Windows Operating System Zip File Extraction Instructions:
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to extract the download package (a separate utility is required for Windows 2000).
2. Extract the files to a desired location. After the files are extracted you will be informed of successful file extraction.
3. Exit the Zip file extraction utility, and/or navigate to file extraction location.
Linux Operating System Zip File Extraction Instructions:
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and extract the files with desired compression utility.
2. Extract the files to a desired location.
Example: Using the unzip utility to extract the files to the current directory could be achieved by using the following command: "unzip MD3000_MD3000i-HDD_FW_A11_R291590.zip"
3. Navigate to file extraction location.
Physical Disk Firmware Installation
To update Physical Disk firmware through a MD3000 or MD3000i enclosure please follow the steps below:
1 Click the "Support" tab, then click the "Download firmware" link.
2 From the Download firmware display, click the "Download Physical Disk Firmware" link. A dialog box lists the current physical disk firmware version in use.
3 Click the "Add" button to browse to the file that you want to download. By default, only firmware images that are compatible with physical disks in the storage array appear.
4 Click the file in the File Selection area and then click "OK".
5 If the file you selected is not valid or is incompatible with the physical
disks in the storage array, an error message appears. Click OK to close it, and select a compatible file.
6 Click "Transfer"....
7 A Confirm Download dialog box appears listing the current versions and the versions you selected of physical disk firmware. To complete the download, click "Yes".