- Download this file and save it to your hard drive. Keep track of the location in which you save the file! Dell recommends saving the file
to your desktop or to a specific folder of your choice.
- If you have previously installed an earlier version of the Alps Touchpad driver, you should first uninstall it. (See uninstall instructions below)
- Locate the file on your hard drive and double click on it when you are ready to install. (The file will be in the location that you chose to
save it, above)
- At the "Touchpad Input Driver" information screen, verify that this driver is for your computer and operating system. After doing so,
click on "Continue" to begin the driver extraction process.
- The driver will request a location to unzip (extract) the files to. Dell recommends using the default location, C:\dell\Drivers\tpA00wXP\.
Click on "OK" to continue.
- If you are asked to create the directory, click on "Yes".
- At the "All files were successfully unzipped" confirmation message, click on "OK" to continue.
- After the files have been extracted, an Internet Explorer window will open automatically.
- To complete the Alps driver installation, follow the instructions on your screen.
To remove a previously installed version of the Alps Touchpad Driver:
- Click on START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL.
- Double click on the ADD/REMOVE programs icon.
- Locate the entry for the Alps Touchpad and click on the
- Follow the instructions on your screen to remove the driver.
- Note that you may be required to restart your computer after removing the previous version of the driver.