Instructions for sup34790.exe:
You must have a computer running Windows 98, 95, Me, XP, 2000
Professional, or NT 4.0 on the same network as the PV70xN to perform the
Operating System upgrade.
1) From this computer, download the executable file (sup34790.exe).
2) Double-click the downloaded executable called sup34790.exe to run and
extract the PowerVault_sys.sup and PowerVault_hlp.sys files to this
computer. The default extract location is c:\Dell\PVupgrade.
3) Run the version 3.4 PowerVault Assist Utility from this computer that
contains the SUP files.
4) Select the server in the Servers list.
5) Click Advanced and login using an administrator account, such as
ADMINISTRATOR, ROOT, or SUPERVISOR.
6) Click Upgrade Server to display the Upgrade dialog box.
7) Click Browse and locate the O.S SUP file you will need to update your
PowerVault NAS Appliance. Specify PowerVault_sys.sup that you extracted.
8) Click Upgrade to start the process. The Upgrade process will
automatically update the O.S as well the help files using the extracted
9) Assist displays a status bar that indicates the progress of the update
and the percentage complete. The upgrade procedure can take approximately
25 minutes, because it validates the upgrade file and restarts the server.