Install Instructions for PE7150_BIOS_A04.efi:
PowerEdge 7150 BIOS Update Procedure:
1) Download PE7150_BIOS_A04.efi to the root directory of a
formatted LS-120 floppy disk or root directory of the hard drive on the
PowerEdge 7150 system.
2) Follow "Recovery_Instructions" section for BIOS recovery, or
3) For BIOS update, please insert the LS-120 floppy disk created
from 1) into LS-120 drive of the PowerEdge 7150 system
4) Reboot the PowerEdge 7150 system
5) Select Utilities from Dell EFI Boot Manager menu then press
6) Select BIOS Update from Utilities menu and press ENTER.
7) Select PE7150_BIOS_A04 from the menu and press ENTER
8) Dell Unpack Utility will execute. The program will ask
questions, and give instructions based on the answers to the questions.
Follow the instructions to complete the BIOS update process.
9) Once the BIOS and Firwmare update process is complete, the
system display a message instructing the user to press any key to reset
PowerEdge 7150 BIOS Recovery Procedure
1) Download PE7150_BIOS_RCV_A04.exe to a directory on your hard
2) Format a LS-120 disk
3) Execute the downloaded file and extract to the freshly
formatted LS-120 disk.
4) Unplug the power cable(s) for the PowerEdge 7150 server
5) Place the jumper on the Legacy I/O card for bootblock recovery
6) Replace the power cable(s)
7) Place disk in LS-120 drive.
8) Turn PowerEdge 7150 system on
9) Wait until until the front-panel LCD displays "BIOS RECOVERY
COMPLETE", approximately 10 minutes.
10) Remove the LS-120 disk
11) Power down the system
12) Unplug the power cable(s)
13) Remove the bootblock jumper
14) Replace the power cable(s)
15) Use the following push button combination to clear the CMOS:
a. Wait for a while (10 seconds) after power off the
b. Press Reset button first, and hold it for a while
c. Press the Power button while holding the Reset
button, and release both at the same time
Note: This procedure does not clear the password.
16) Enter BIOS Setup Utility(press F2 key when prompt) and set
the date and time to current date and time. Save the settings. System
will automatically reboot.
Install instruction for self-extracting customer release note:
1) Download PE7150_BIOS_A04_RLSN.exe to a directory on your hard
2) Execute the downloaded file and extract the two .txt files to
the hard drive.