*****This file contains a compressed (or zipped) set of files. You will
need a compression tool such as WinZip. Download the file to a folder on
your hard drive, and then run (double-click) it to unzip the set of files.
Follow the instructions and then use the Upgrade Instructions to complete
The setup program will install the Dell PowerConnect Switch Manager This
program decompresses files and copies them to a location you specify on
your hard disk. During installation you will be prompted to assign the
NOTE: Install HP OpenView NNM on your platform before installing this
package. You will be asked to provide your OpenView directory during the
installation process for the Dell PowerConnect Switch Manager.
1. Start Windows.
2. Use the NNM Services Stop command to stop all HP OpenView NNM
background processes, if any. (This has the same effect as executing
ovstop from the command line.)
3. Download DellPwrConnectSwitchMgr.exe from Dell’s support website (
http://support.dell.com). Copy the self extractable
DellPwrConnectSwitchMgr.exe to the temp directory.
4. Type DellPwrConnectSwitchMgr.exe at the command prompt and unzip to
the temp directory.
5. Type SETUP at the Command Prompt.
6. Click OK to start setup.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.