Default Instructions for 715NA06.exe:
To upgrade your system BIOS, perform the following steps:
1. Download the 715NA06 BIOS revision.
2. Run the downloaded executable file to extract the files to your hard
drive. The default extraction directory is c:\Dell\PV715NBIOS.
3. Using a null modem serial cable, connect the client system to the
4. Turn on the client system and set up a Hyperterminal connection.
a. Click the Start button and point to Programs—>Accessories—
b. Select 115200 for the Bits per second, 8 for Data Bits, None for
Parity, 1 for Stop Bits, and Xon\Xoff for Flow control.
5. Restart the appliance.
6. Press F2 immediately after you see the following message: "Press F2 to
enter the Function Select menu"
NOTE: If you use a version of Windows 2000 earlier than Service Pack 2,
the function keys do not work. You must press Esc-2.
If you wait too long and your operating system begins to load into memory,
allow the system to complete the load operation, and then shut down the
system and try again.
7. When the Function Select menu appears, press "5" to update the BIOS
8. When a message appears asking if you want to update the BIOS,
9. When the message Flash System BIOS appears in the HyperTerminal window,
click Transfer, and then select Send File.
10. When the Send File dialog appears, click Browse and select the
downloaded BIOS file.
11. Select XModem on the Protocol menu, and then click Send.
The client system sends the file to the appliance and automatically
updates the BIOS. The appliance beeps four times, and then reboots