Custom Instructions for PERC2-W2K3-6.35-A02.exe:
Dell PowerEdge RAID Controller 2/SC, 2/DC, 4/DC, 4/SC, 3/QC, 3/DC,
3/DCL, 3/SC, 4/DI, and CERC ATA100/4CH, Device Driver for
Windows Server 2003.
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click the "I agree" link to accept the agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files – the instructions below assume you extract files to a formatted floppy disk.
3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
Dell PowerEdge RAID Controller 4/DC, 4/SC, 3/QC, 3/DC, 3/DCL, 3/SC, 4/DI, and CERC ATA100/4CH, Device Driver for Windows Server 2003.
Installing on a new driver on a Windows Server 2003 system
1) Boot the system using the Windows Server 2003 CD. As the message "Press F6 if you need to install a third party SCSI or RAID driver." appears, press F6 immediately.
2) Within a few minutes, a screen appears that asks for additional adapters in the system. Choose 'S'.
3) You are prompted for the driver diskette. Insert the PERC/CERC Windows Server 2003 driver diskette in the floppy drive and press Enter.
4) A list of drivers for PERC/CERC controllers appears. Select the right driver for your installed controller and press Enter to load the driver.
5) A statement is presented saying the driver that you provided is older/newer then the Windows driver.
Press 'S' to use the driver on the floppy.
6) Press Enter again to continue installation process as usual.
Adding the PERC/CERC Driver to an Existing Windows Server 2003.
1) Boot the system to Windows 2003. The Found New Hardware Wizard displays.
2) If you are installing the PERC 3/SC, PERC 4/DC, PERC 4/SC, PERC 4/DI or CERC ATA100/4CH, click on Next and skip to step 5. Otherwise, click Cancel on all the new devices.
3) Restart the system from the shutdown menu.
4) The Found New Hardware Wizard displays again when the system boots to Windows Server 2003. Click on Next.
5) Select Search for a suitable driver and click "Next" to continue.
6) Select Floppy disk drive, insert the PERC/CERC Windows 2003 driver diskette created above and click Next to continue.
7) Continue to click on Next and finish the installation.
8) The Found New Hardware Wizard screen appears one time for each PERC 3/SC, PERC 4/SC, PERC 4/DC controller, three times for each PERC 3/DC or PERC 3/DCL controller and four times for each PERC 3/QC. Repeat steps 5 - 7 for each time the wizard displays to complete installation of the card.
9) To confirm driver installation, right click on My Computer and select Manage. Click on Device Manager, then click on SCSI and RAID controllers to see the newly added PERC 3 controller(s) in the list.
After finishing the driver update, YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR SERVER.
Updating the PERC/CERC Driver on an Existing Windows Server 2003.
If your server is already running Windows Server 2003, use the following steps to update the PERC Windows Server 2003 driver.
Note: If your driver supports multiple RAID controllers, make sure to upgrade all the RAID controllers in your system that your driver supports.
1) Insert the PERC/CERC Windows Server 2003 driver diskette.
2) Position the mouse pointer to the my computer icon in the Start menu and right click and select Manage.
3) Position the mouse pointer on Device Manager and click the left mouse button.
4) Position the mouse pointer on SCSI and RAID controllers and double click.
5) Select the PERC controller and double click.
6) Select the Driver tab.
7) Select Update Driver.
The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard disp