Custom Instructions for PV725N_A08.exe:
Note: In order to execute this file, it must be downloaded to a system running Microsoft Windows with an unzip utility installed.
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click the "I agree" link to accept the agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package
2. Click Continue.
3. Specify the location to unzip the files.
Note: The default extract path is c:\Dell\PV725N
4. Click on the OK button to extract files.
5. After a few seconds a dialog box will appear that says that all files were successfully unzipped. Click OK to exit from the installer.
1. Copy the BIOS file A08.rom to the PowerVault 725N system.
2. Open a Windows Explorer window on the PowerVault 725N by using a direct attached Keyboard, monitor, and mouse or by using the Terminal Service Advanced Client located in the PowerVault NAS Manager web interface.
3. Browse to "C:\Dell\Flash Utility".
4. Double click WinSFI to open the AMI WinFlash Utility.
5. In the AMI WinFlash window, ensure only the NVRAM Programming box is checked.
9. In the File drop-down menu, select Load BIOS and Flash.
10. When the Open window appears, use the folder's navigation icons to navigate to the folder you placed the downloaded BIOS file in.
11. Click Open.
12. When a message appears asking if you are sure you want to update the BIOS, click Yes.
13. After the BIOS update is complete, a message will appear stating the flash ROM update is complete and asks if you want to restart your system. Click Yes.
Note: Your system will reboot after clicking Yes.