Floppy Disk Boot to Disk for C800-A23.exe
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
3. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
4. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
icon appears on your desktop.
Hard Drive Floppy Disk Creation
1. Get 1 blank, formatted floppy disks.
2. Double-click the new icon (it looks like a floppy diskette) on
the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Click Setup. An black MS-DOS window appears with a message
indicating that you need 1 floppy diskettes.
4. Press the [ENTER] key.
A message appears prompting you to insert a blank floppy diskette.
5. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy disk drive.
6. Press the [ENTER] key. A message appears indicating that all
data on the disk will be erased.
7. Press the [y] key and then press the [ENTER] key.
The files are copied to the floppy diskette. If the procedure requires
more than one diskette, repeat steps 5 – 7 until you reach the end of the diskette set.
8. After all the files have been copied to the last floppy disk,
press the [ENTER] key and the MS-DOS window closes.
1. Insert the first (or the only) disk of the set into the Floppy
2. Click Start, click Shutdown, click Restart, and then click OK.
Windows XP Users need only click restart.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Custom Instructions for C800_A23.exe:
The Non-packaged format is intended for advanced users that only
require the executable and do not require a bootable self-extracting
disk be created for them. All other users should download the Floppy
format, which creates a bootable self-extracting disk.
This file format consists of a BIOS executable file. To use it, download
the file and copy it to a DOS-bootable diskette. With the diskette in the
floppy drive, reboot the system and run the program. Bios_Win_exe the hard drive formatInstallation Instructions
The file C800_A23.TXT is using the Hard Drive format and is designed to be directly executed from Windows environments.
Click Download now.
The File Download window appears.
Click the Save button.
The Save As window appears.
Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
Click the Save button.
A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.
Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled C800_A23.TXT.
The Dell Bios Txt window appears
Custom Instructions for A23-C800.exe:
Floppyless Installation (via WinZip) for A23-C800.exe
1. Click the location, e.g. Americas, from which you want to
download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click
Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save this
program to disk and click OK. The Save In window appears.
4. From the Save In drop-down menu, click to select Desktop
and then click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If a Download Complete window appears, click Close. A
new icon appears on your desktop.
1. Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled A23-
2. The Self-Extractin