Custom Instructions for a59cust.exe:
1. Download the .exe file to a directory on your hard drive. The file
downloaded is a self-extracting executable.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
The files may be un-zipped to floppy disk or hard drive(if the hard drive
is in the system to be updated).
3. After the files have been un-zipped, you may delete the self-
extracting file downloaded in step 1.
1. Boot the system requiring the update to DOS.
2. Insert the diskette created above or change to the directory on the
hard drive where the files were un-zipped.
3. At the DOS prompt, type "SMFLSH". This will run SMFLSH.EXE
4. Answer “Y” at the prompt to begin the upgrade.
Windows NT/2000 Version
Note: You must have the Dell Management software or OpenManage
Server Administrator installed to proceed.
There are two methods of upgrade in Windows NT/2000.
1. In a DOS window, change to the directory the files were un-zipped to
and type “SMFLSHNT”. Answer “Y” at the prompt to begin the upgrade.
2. Using Windows Explorer, browse to the location containing the files
un-zipped above(diskette or hard drive). Run(double-click)
SMFLSHNT.EXE and answer “Y” at the prompt to begin the upgrade.