Custom Instructions for W2K3SCRA.exe:
1. Click Download Now, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1. Insert a floppy diskette into the floppy drive.
2. Double-click the new icon on the desktop. The Self-Extractor window appears.
3. Specify the floppy drive as the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
Updating the driver on an Existing Windows 2003 Server
*NOTE: You must be logged on as Administrator or have administrative privileges to perform these steps:
1. Copy files extracted above to formatted floppy disk
2. From the desktop, right-click the My Computer icon.
3. Left-click Manage.
4. Click Device Manager.
5. Double-click SCSI and RAID controllers (A List of all currently installed SCSI controllers appears)
6. Double-click the appropriate SCSI controller (such as Dell PERC 4/im RAID Controller').
7. Select the Driver tab.
8. Select Update Driver. (The Hardware Update Wizard appears).
9. Choose "Install from a list of specific locations" and click Next.
10. Choose 'Don't Search. I will choose the driver to install"
11. Click Next.
12. Click 'Have Disk' button. (The 'Install from Disk' dialog appears).
13. Insert the driver diskette created above. (Skip this step if installing driver from location on hard drive)
14. Click 'Browse' button (Locate File dialog appears).
15. Use pull-down box to find floppy drive or location on hard drive where you previously extracted files.
16. Once the correct path appears in the dropdown box, 'symmpi.inf' should appear in 'File Name' box - if not, select it.
17. Click 'Open' button ('Install From Disk' dialog reappears with correct path displayed).
18. Click 'OK' (Upgrade Device Driver Wizard reappears).
19. Choose 'Dell PERC 4/im RAID Controller'
20. Click 'Next'
21. Click 'Next' again to confirm choice and upgrade driver
22. Close Wizard by clicking Finish
23. Close Properties Dialog for device.
24. Reboot System to complete upgrade.
Custom Instructions for readmeSC.txt:
Download file and open with a text editor to view.