Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R99394.EXE
1. Click Download File, to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click Yes, I Accept this Agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In: window appears.
4. From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
5. If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file icon appears on your desktop.
1. Navigate to your desktop and double-click on the icon labeled R99394.EXE
2. Click Continue. The Destination Folder Window appears.
3. Click the OK button.
4. If prompted to create the folder, click the Yes button. A progress meter moves as extraction is completed.
5. Click the OK button.
Turn on the TPM
NOTE: If this is the first time the TPM has ever been used on this computer, you must perform steps 5 through 9 below. If the TPM on this system has been used before, you may now skip directly to step 10. Steps 5 through 9 must be executed once, and only once, on any given system.
1. Reboot the computer and enter the system SETUP program by pressing F2 during the Power On Self Test.
2. In the Setup program, open the "Security" settings category and select the "TPM Security" menu option.
3. Set the TPM Security state to "On".
4. Exit from the Setup program by pressing the [Esc] key, when prompted make sure to choose the "Save/Exit" option in order to keep the changes.
5. Boot into the Windows operating system
6. Launch the Broadcom Secure Foundation (TM) Platform Initialization wizard by double-clicking on its icon in the system tray on the lower right hand corner of the screen.
7. The Platform Initialization Wizard will execute a function called "Vendor Activation." This operation only occurs once on any given system.
8. Follow the instructions in the dialog boxto execute the Vendor Activation step.
9. The system will now reboot automatically.
10. Reboot the computer and enter the system SETUP program again by pressing F2 during the Power On Self Test.
11. In the Setup program, open the "Security" settings category and select the "TPM Activation" menu option.
12. Set the TPM Activation state to "Activate".
13. Changes to this field take effect immediately.
14. At this point, the TPM is now ready to be put into service. When the operating system reboots, launch the Broadcom Secure Foundation (TM) Platform Initialization by double-clicking on its icon in the system tray on the lower right hand corner of the screen. This wizard will walk you through the procedure of establishing the TPM Owner and User passwords and credentials. For more information, please consult the "Broadcom Secure Foundation (TM) Getting Started Guide" located in the menu.
Reboot will be required