Windows based firmware update for ST31000524AS:-
1. Download and unzip B765JC4A.zip into your desktop.
2. In B765JC4A folder, please search for the Windows folder.
3. Double click B7000100.EXE and it will begin to run. On the first screen you will select your language, and then select OK. The next screen is a warning screen, please read and select Next if you agree. The next screen is the License Agreement screen. If you agree, click "I agree" and then click Next.
4. You will then come to the screen that asks you to close and save all applications and to back up your data. When you are ready to start the firmware update, please check the "Begin firmware update procedure", and then click Proceed.
5. The system will reboot and load the firmware. Once the firmware update is complete the system will boot up into Windows normally.
DOS based firmware update for ST31000524AS:-
1. Unzip B765JC4A.zip into your bootable USB key. Boot up the computer with USB key.
2. In Dos folder, just type JC4A.BAT at the DOS prompt and press the enter key.
3. Your system will now start updating the HDD firmware. Once the firmware update is completed, your system will display a "DRIVE PASSED" message.
4. Remove your USB key, and turn off your system using the computers power button. Once the computer has been powered down, you can now turn the computer on normally.