Download and view Release Notes using a text editor.
The file contains a list of changes associated with this release.
Instructions for A00_dkvm_01_30_06.zip
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files.
3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
NOTE: The firmware update procedure requires that a TFTP server
application is installed on your network. Dell recommends using
the SolarWinds.Net TFTP Server application.
NOTE: After you upgrade the Digital Access KVM firmware, delete the Java temporary files from the Java Control Panel.
Using DRAC/MC GUI Firmware Update Interface:
1. Copy the binary file dkvm_01.30.06xx.bin to a TFTP server root directory.
2. Log on to the DRAC/MC web user interface using a supported internet browser.
3. From the DRAC/MC GUI main window, click the Update tab, this will display the Firmware Update screen.
4. On the Firmware Update screen, select the KVM option, enter the TFTP address and the image name dkvm_01.30.06xx.bin .
5. Click Update Firmware.
6. The TFTP download and firmware update process may take several minutes. After the update completes, the Digital KVM will reset.
Using RACADM Command line interface to Update Firmware:
1. Copy the binary file dkvm_01.30.06xx.bin to a TFTP server root directory. Dell recommends using TFTP by SolarWinds.
2. Log on to the DRAC/MC telnet or serial interface.
3. From the telnet/serial interface, issue the racadm fwupdate command, like "racadm fwupdate -m kvm -a TFTP_IP_ADDRESS -d dkvm_01.30.06xx.bin "
4. The TFTP download and firmware update process may take several minutes. After the update completes, the Digital KVM will reset.