Custom Instructions for W2003A00.exe:
1. Click the "Download Now" link to download the file.
2. If the Export Compliance Disclaimer window appears, click the "I agree" link to accept the agreement.
3. When the File Download window appears, click "Save" to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package.
2. Specify the location to unzip the files.
3. Click on the unzip button to extract files.
Updating the driver on an Existing Windows 2003 Server
NOTE: You must be logged on as Administrator to perform these steps:
1. Copy files extracted above to formatted floppy disk
2. From the desktop, right-click the My Computer icon.
3. Left-click Manage.
4. Click Device Manager.
5. Double-click SCSI and RAID Controller (A List of all currently installed SCSI drivers appears).
6. Double-click the appropriate SCSI controller (such as 39160Controller) - in the case of a dual channel controller, there will be two devices listed (one for each channel). The driver will have to be updated separately for each channel.
7. Select the Driver tab.
8. Select Update Driver. (The Update Device Driver Wizard appears).
9. Click Next.
10. Click 'Display a list of known drivers for this device so I can choose a specific driver'
11. Click Next. (The Upgrade Device Driver Wizard appears).
12. Click 'Have Disk' button. (The 'Install from Disk' dialog appears).
13. Insert the driver diskette created above. (Skip this step if installing driver from location on hard drive)
14. Click 'Browse' button (Locate File dialog appears).
15. Use pull-down box to find floppy drive or location on hard drive where you previously extracted files.
16. Double-click on WINNET folder (ADPU160M.INF should appear in 'File Name' box - if not, select it).
17. Click 'Open' button ('Install From Disk' dialog reappears with correct path displayed).
18. Click 'OK' (Upgrade Device Driver Wizard reappears).
19. Choose appropriate device from list (7892, 7899 or 39160)
20. Click 'Next'
21. Click 'Next' again to confirm choice and upgrade driver
22. Close Wizard by clicking Finish
23. Close Properties Dialog for device.
24. Do not reboot system yet.
25. Repeat steps 5-22 for second channel after Device Manager refreshes.
26. Reboot System to complete upgrade.