Instructions for R132109.EXE
1. Click the Download Now link to download the file.
2. When the File Download window appears, click Save to save the file to your hard drive.
1. Browse to the location where you downloaded the file and double-click the new file to unzip the download package
2. Click Continue.
3. Specify the location to unzip the files.
4. Click on the OK button to extract files.
After the files are extracted the message all files were successfully unzipped will appear.
5. Click the OK button to exit from the installer.
Upgrading Firmware Using a Serial Console
To upload a new FLASH file to the 2161DS Console Switch:
1. Connect a terminal or PC running terminal emulation software (such as HyperTerminal) to the configuration port on the back panel of the 2161DS Console Switch using the supplied serial cable. The terminal should be set to 9600 baud, 8 bits, 1 stop bit, no parity, and no flow
2. If the 2161DS Console Switch is not powered up, turn it on now. The Power indicator on the front of the unit will blink for 30 seconds while performing a self-test. Approximately 10 seconds after it stops blinking, press the ENTER key to access the main menu.
3. You will see the Terminal Applications menu with seven options. Select option 2, Firmware Management.
4. Select option 1, FLASH Download.
5. Type the IP address of your TFTP server and press the ENTER key.
6. Type the name of the appropriate languaged FLASH file and press the ENTER key.
7. Confirm the TFTP download by typing a y or yes and pressing the ENTER key.
8. The 2161DS Console Switch will verify that the file you downloaded is valid.
9. The 2161DS Console Switch will begin the FLASH upgrade process. On-screen indicators will display the upgrade progress. When the upload is complete, the 2161DS Console Switch will reset and upgrade the internal subsystems.
10. Once the upgrade is complete, a verification message will appear on screen.