Default Instructions for dell3idea00.exe:
1. Download the file to a directory on your hard drive. The file
downloaded is self extracting.
2. Execute this file to extract the files compressed within it. These
files can be extracted to a diskette or to a
directory on your hard drive. Remember this location.
3. Log on as an Administrator (if not already). Windows 2000 OS starts;
displays a message that new hardware has been detected, and starts
the 'Found New Hardware Wizard'.
4. Click 'cancel'.
5. After Windows 2000 server installation is completed, install Service
pack 2 (SP2). Documentation may be supplied with the OS, or may be
downloaded from Microsoft or DELL website.
6. After the installation is complete, Windows 2000 restarts, and 'Found
New Hardware Wizard' appears.
7. Click 'cancel'.
8. Browse to the location the files were extracted to in step 2 above,
select the "Force.bat" file, and click 'open'.
9. When and if the Microsoft Digital Signature dialog boxes for the
ServerWorks PCI IDE controller or ServerWorks Primary/Secondary IDE
controller or DELL tertiary IDE controller appear, click Yes to continue.
10. The driver installation will be completed, and you will be prompted
to reboot the system. Click Yes, and reboot the system.
11. Enter the BIOS setup, and ensure that the third channel master and
slave (if needed) devices have been turned on or are in Auto mode. This
will enable the tertiary IDE drive channel.
12. In the BIOS setup, make sure that maximum UDMA mode is set to ATA-
100. This applies to the primary channel hard disk drives, and secondary
channel devices (CDROM and Tape Back Up unit)).
13. You may recheck the 'Device Manager'. The yellow bang against the
RAID controller in 'other devices' should not appear. Expand the IDE
devices sections. DELL tertiary IDE channel and DELL tertiary IDE
controller will be listed.
14. This completes the installation of the driver, and your system is
ready to access and fully utilize the hard disk drives connected to the
third IDE channel.