1. It is highly recommended that full system backup be completed before starting this firmware upgrade procedure.
Download and image extraction
1. Click Download File to download the zipped file.
2. Extract the file into a folder.
3. The ISO image file is used to burn the utility onto a bootable CD.
1. Ensure that your notebook is plugged into a AC power supply during the update process (high recommended).
2. DO NOT remove power from the system during the firmware update process.
3. Ensure that your BIOS has been set to ATA or AHCI mode. DO NOT select RAID mode. This utility will not work in RAID mode.
4. Ensure that your BIOS boot order has been set up to boot from CD drive
a. You can do so by either pressing F12 during the boot up and then select CD drive to boot from
b. Or by pressing F2 during the boot up, enter the boot order selection and select CD drive to boot from. Save the setting before exiting.
5. Insert the bootable CD media with ISO image into your system.
6. Reboot the system from the bootable CD media, the firmware update utility will be started automatically.
7. Connected Micron SSD drive that is eligible for the firmware update will be shown on the screen.
8. Select Yes to the request 'Update firmware on this drive?'
9. DO NOT power off the system during the update process, the update will take about 30 to 60 seconds. Some systems may require a longer time to complete.
10. Upon completion, the message 'Current Firmware is: 040H' will be displayed.