Reliable, expandable solution for small business
From its scalable design to its ability to integrate with the latest Dell business hardware and services, the Vostro 230 Mini Tower provides a strong foundation for your small business to grow on.
- Smart, Scalable Design: Just the right size for the office; easily set up and expandable for "future-proof" performance
- Affordable Desktop Solution: "Plug-and-play" compatibility with a range of affordable Dell business printers and monitors
- Backed by Dell Services: Full-service support options that can be customized to meet the unique needs of your small business
Vostro: Built for Small BusinessThe first family of Dell computers designed specifically for small business, Dell™ Vostro™ gives you the flexibility to choose exactly the PC you need—without cutting corners. Because when you’re looking for the perfect small-business desktop, you should never have to sacrifice dependability just to stay on budget.
Affordable Solution for Smaller Offices
From its thoughtful design to its "plug-and-play" compatibility with the latest Dell printers and monitors, the Vostro 230 desktop enables you to build an affordable small-business solution right out of the box.
Just Your Size: Choose the form factor that fits your workspace: the expandable Vostro 230 mini tower or the compact Vostro 230s slim tower.
Support that Stands Behind You
Running a small business is challenging enough without having to be your own IT department. With a suite of specialized small-business support options behind every Vostro desktop we sell, Dell has the resources to keep your business moving.
The Security Small Business Needs
Dell understands that data security isn’t just a big-business problem. We’ve designed the Vostro 230 with a range of options to help keep your small business protected every day.
- Intel® G41 Express Chipset with ICH7
- 16X DVD-ROM Drive
16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double layer write capability
All drives include Cyberlink PowerDVD DX
All write drives include Roxio Creator 10.0 DE
Options available in single and dual drive configurations
10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN on system board
56K PCI Data Fax Modem
Dell 1525 Wireless WLAN 11n PCIe Card
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Video: 1 15-pin VGA video connector
USB: 6 externally accessible USB Ports (2 front, 4 back); 2 internal USB ports
Audio: Three back-panel connectors for line-in, line-out, microphone-in, two front-panel connectors for headphone-output and microphone-in
Other: 1 Serial, 2 PS/2 for Keyboard and Mouse, 1 RJ-45 10/100/1000
PCI: 2 Slots
PCIe x1: 1 Slot
PCIe x16 (Graphics): 1 Slot
Mini Tower Bays
3.5" Bays: 3 bays (one external; two internal)
5.25" Bays: 2 external bays
Note: Slim Tower supports low profile cards
Slim Tower Bays
3.5" Bays: 2 internal bays
5.25" Bays: 1 external bay
Weight & Dimensions - Mini Tower:
Height: 14.57" (370mm)
Width: 6.69" (170mm)
Depth: 16.8" (427mm)
Weight: ~13.45lbs (6.1 kg)
Weight & Dimensions - Slim Tower:
Height: 14.69" (373mm)
Width: 4.17" (106mm)
Depth: 17.20" (437mm)
Weight: ~12.79lbs (5.8 kg)
- Dell Media Card Reader
- Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
Norton Internet Security™
Physical security: Cable lock chassis security slot and padlock loop
Dell DataSafe Online Back-up
Dell Backup and Recovery Manager
- Power Supply:
Mini: 300W ATX, PFC or non-PFC (varies by country) with 115/230VAC line switch, 50/60 Hz
Slim: 250W ATX, Auto-ranging Active-PFC or non-PFC with 115/230VAC line switch (varies by country), 50/60 Hz
Vostro Services and Support
You asked for a complete package. We listened. Vostro™ was created with your small business in mind, which is why Dell offers comprehensive services and support specifically designed for your business. From business hardware and accidental damage protection to installation, trouble-shooting and online PC training options, Dell offers the right support to help keep your business running smoothly.
Standard with Every Vostro Desktop
- Easy-to-set-up systems tailored with pre-selected software based on your business needs
- One-year Next-Business-Day On-Site Service after Remote Diagnosis* and Limited Hardware Warranty* Support
- Convenient telephone support and time-saving service for hardware
- Peace of mind with dedicated small business support technicians ready to help you with troubleshooting and repair tools like DellConnect™ *
Optional Support ServicesDell ProSupport for End-Users — Dell ProSupport goes beyond the hardware protection of your basic limited hardware warranty, and can give your business things like fast access to highly trained technicians, and help with more than just your Dell hardware.
Dell understands you don’t have time to worry about your IT problems. That’s why with Dell ProSupport we let you choose the level of service that is right for you. If you don’t have a full time IT professional on staff, then we recommend Dell ProSupport for End-Users for your business. It provides you and your employees with the business support you need, including:
- Fast access to a certified technician in an average of two minutes or less support
- More of the "how-to" help you need, including help with popular small business software applications like Microsoft® Office, Quickbooks® and Adobe® Acrobat® and Photoshop®, and with configuring simple wired or wireless networks
- A single point of contact when something goes wrong with collaborative support. If the cause of your problem is due to software, or your non-Dell hardware, we can use our relationships with select third-party vendors to act as your single point of contact for issue resolution.
You can further customize your support solution by taking advantage of the Dell ProSupport options such as:
- Keep Your Hard Drive — In the event of a hard drive failure while your hard drive is under warranty, we don't require that you to send us your old hard drive in order to send you a new one. We recognize your hard drive contains sensitive data that is crucial to your business, so we let you decide how and when to dispose of it.
- Hard Drive Data Recovery — This service can help recover data for customers who have a failed hard drive and have not backed up their data. We’ll arrange to pick up your failed hard drive and our data protection team will work to recover your data. You can even track the status of your recovery project online.
- Certified Data Destruction — In the event of a disk failure, Dell ProSupport Certified Data Destruction Service can completely wipe your hard drive clean as well as destroy data, provide certification of destruction and dispose of the disk to help you meet your compliance requirements.
Optional Installation and Maintenance ServicesDell’s installation and maintenance services give you the help you need to get your systems up and running as quickly as possible so you can focus on more important business matters.
- On-Site System Setup — Choose custom hardware, software and peripherals for your new PCs, and let Dell professionals install them for you.
- Dell Support Center — Search no more for your services tools. Dell Support Center is one central location that houses the tools you need for making them easy to find and easy to use.
Optional Repair ServicesDell makes it easy to get help fast when your business needs it. All Vostro systems include a standard 1-year parts and labor Limited Hardware Warranty*, with the option to extend it for up to five years.
- Optional Extended Limited Hardware Warranty* - Extend your limited hardware warranty* up to five years to help protect your systems from costly downtime, lost productivity or high cost of out-of-warranty repairs.
- CompleteCare*™ Accidental Damage Protection* – Provides an easy and flexible repair and replacement service for most accidental damage. Helps you save time, money and resources in the event of an unplanned event such as spills, drops, breakages or electrical surges for up to five years.