24-port, 8Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
Small- to medium-sized enterprises seeking a 24-port switch that offers incredible value, flexible management capabilities and energy-efficient power savings.
Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports, universal (E, F, M, FL or N)
- Full-fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 6000 active nodes; single fabric up to 56 switches, 19 hops; larger fabrics certified as required.
- All Brocade switches
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex. Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed-matching between 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec ports.
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8 Gbit/sec ports per ISL trunk with optional license; up to 68 Gbit/sec per ISL trunk (8 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec [line rate])
- 408 Gbit/sec: 24 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec (line rate) × 2 (full duplex)
- 700 nanoseconds with no contention, cut-through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); N_Port if using Access Gateway feature
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast, multicast (255 groups), and broadcast
- 4 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable,Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; 4 Gbit/sec Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL)
8 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL); distance depends on fiber-optic cable; 8 Gbit/sec Extended Long-Wavelength Laser (ELWL).
- Simple Name Server (SNS); Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), NTP v3, Reliable Commit Service (RCS), Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning), NPIV, FDMI, Management Server, FSPF, Fabric Watch; ISL Trunking; Advanced Performance Monitoring, Adaptive Networking (per-data flow QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, fabric dynamics profiling, application “Top Talkers” report), Enhanced Group Management, Integrated Routing, IPFC
- Rack-mount rail kits (fixed, slide, mid-mount)
- Telnet®, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog, Change, Management tracking; EZSwitchSetup wizard; Brocade Advanced Web Tools; Brocade EFCM Standard/Enterprise 9.x (optional); Brocade Fabric Manager (optional: FOS environments (only); SMI-S compliant, SMI-S scripting toolkit, Administrative Domains; trial licenses for select add on capabilities.
10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45), in-band over Fibre Channel; serial port (RJ-45); USB; call-home integration enabled through Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAS trace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port).
- Rack Size 1U
Width 42.88 cm (16.88 in)
Height 4.29 cm (1.69 in)
Depth 30.66 cm (12.07 in)
Weight 4.2 kg (9.3 lb) with single power supply, no SFP
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10 to 85 percent non-condensing
Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9,842 feet)
Storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
Operating: 20 g, 6 ms half-sine
Non-operating: Half sine, 33 g 11 ms, 3/eg Axis
Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
High speed: 23 CFM (cu. ft./min)
Low speed: 18 CFM
- Maximum output
System power consumption
57 Watts max (with 24 ports at 8Gbit/sec), 48 Watts nominal
Nominal input voltage
100 to 240 VAC, Universal
Input line frequency
47 to 63 Hz
Minimum input voltage
Maximum input voltage
BTU rating (80% efficiency)
21.5 Amps @ 240Vac
- The 300 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
HighlightsBrocade 300 — 24-Port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switches for entry and midrange Enterprise SANs
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec in 1U
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2-, 4-, or 8-Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Utilizes extended distance support to enable native Fibre Channel extension greater than 590 km
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 8 to 16 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1-, 2- and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec Small Form-Factor Pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which can make SAN configuration a simple 3-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Features an easy-to-use, non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform that is designed to eliminate time wasted on managing ports and cables
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Offers dual functionality as a full fabric FC SAN switch or as a Brocade Access Gateway, providing seamless connectivity into any vendor SAN environment
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (Watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches — further reducing power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
Dell ProSupportFaster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell™ ProSupport™ to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport™for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-track dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
|Designed for organisations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.|
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT professionals, database administrators and internal service desks or helpdesks. |
|Speed of Response||Premium Proactive|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven critical situation process, and emergency dispatch.|
|Proactive Maintenance — Maximises the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.|
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and internet access to technical expertise for specialised applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualisation and more.
|Customisation and Setup|
Enhanced installation and configuration with Dell professional project management and documentation. A project manager will be acting as the single-point-of-contact for the entire installation project from pre-site audit to co-ordination of the installation and delivery of post-project documentation.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.