Test database performance.
Conduct database workload replay, industry-standard benchmark testing, and scalability testing with ease.
Whether you’re a database architect, developer or DBA, Benchmark Factory can help:
- You can replay production workload in a test or development environment to simulate production scenarios and determine system throughput or find database breaking points (Oracle & SQL Server only)
- Allows you to recognize future performance problems and conduct "what-if" analyses
- Helps you make changes with confidence using a wizard-driven workflow
- Lets you validate performance and scalability improvements through reportable metrics
- Enables you to capture workload subsets, rather than the entire database workload (unique to Dell)
- Allows you to use different concurrent user configurations to perform load tests on SQL scripts, PL/SQL, T-SQL code, and stored procedures
- Lets you use industry-standard benchmarks (AS3AP, Scalable Hardware, TPC-B, TPC-C, TPC-D, TPC-H, and TPC-E) to simulate real database application workloads
Benchmark Factory can also help your organization by:
- Helping to reduce the risk of costly downtime and inefficient performance
- Automating the database-testing process, thus eliminating the costs of outsourcing workload testing
- Giving your organization greater confidence when deploying database changes
- Supporting development and best practices by allowing integration with other Dell tools, such as Toad™ for Oracle
Benchmark Factory™ for Databases is a database performance testing tool that enables you to conduct database workload replay, industry-standard benchmark testing, and scalability testing. Using the incorporated load testing tools, you can make changes to your database environment, while mitigating the risks of unavoidable database changes such as patches and upgrades, operating system migrations, and adjustments to virtual machine configurations. In addition, its proprietary workload capture and replay supports Oracle and SQL Server databases. This workload replay and scheduling software, helps you eliminate slow SQL database performance and dramatically simplifies high performance database management.
Before installing Benchmark, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
Benchmark Factory cannot run without a repository, and during installation you must select either the default service based or file based repository. After installation, you can select a repository of your choice. Benchmark Factory supports the following databases:
SAP SQL Anywhere® (Adaptive Server® Anywhere)
512 MB of RAM recommended
Note: The memory required may vary based on the following:
Applications that are running on your system.
Size and complexity of the database.
Amount of database activity.
Number of concurrent users accessing the database.
1.0 GHz x86 or x64 compatible CPU
Benchmark Factory requires Internet Explorer® 7 or later.
Hard Disk Space
120 MB of disk space for installation
Note: The disk space required may vary based on options selected for installation.
Microsoft Windows Server® 2003
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft XP Professional
Microsoft Windows® 7
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 8.1(Update)
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows 10
.NET Framework 2.0 is required to use Oracle workloads captured with Benchmark Factory 6.9.3 or earlier.
Oracle®: 9i, 9.2, 10g, 11g, and 12c (requires Oracle 9 client libraries or higher)
Note: Benchmark Factory has been tested on Oracle Exadata 2.0 running Oracle database 11g R2.
Note: Oracle Capture/Replay of workloads must use Oracle 9i or higher.
SQL Server®: 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2014
SQL Azure™: Benchmark Factory provides limited support of SQL Azure.
SAP® ASE: 12.5, 15, 15.5, 15.7, 16
DB2® LUW: 9.x through 10.x
DB2® for z/OS: 9.x through 10.x
MySQL: 4.5 and 5.x
Note: The 32-bit version of Benchmark Factory requires the 32-bit versions of the client libraries (including ODBC drivers). The 64-bit version requires 64-bit client libraries.
ODBC Database Server
Benchmark Factory supports almost all databases that you can connect to using an ODBC 3.0 or later driver.
Cloud Database Service
Oracle Database as a Service
Before installing Benchmark Factory, review the following for virtualization support:
Benchmark Factory has been tested with the following:
Citrix XenApp 6.5
Download printable materials to gain insight on how this product can help you simplify IT challenges.
Peruse webcasts and in-person activities near you to explore the technology behind this product.
Get the most from this product as you join your peers and Dell experts to access tools and learn best practices.