Affordable high-capacity enterprise-class storage
Improve storage capacity, performance and connectivity for your small or midsize business with cost-effective EqualLogic™ PS4110E 10GbE iSCSI SAN arrays.
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Twelve (12) 7.2K NL-SAS hot-pluggable hard drives.
3.5" 7.2K RPM NL-SAS drives available in 1TB, 2TB or 3TB
12TB using twelve (12) 1TB NL-SAS disk drives
24TB using twelve (12) 2TB NL-SAS disk drives
36TB using twelve (12) 3TB NL-SAS disk drives
Up to 256
128 per volume / up to 2,048 total per group
Up to 512 per pool / 1024 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
10GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: One 10GBASE-T with RJ45 and one 10GbE SFP+ for fibre or twin-ax copper cabling per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. A maximum of two (2) PS4xx0 arrays can be in a group.
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase
700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
- Height: 2U / 8.68 cm (3.41 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 59.4 cm (23.4 inches)
Weight: 27.67 kg (61 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 cm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 cm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 cm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 40.8261 Kg (90 lb)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
- Regulatory Model: E03J
Regulatory Type: E03J001
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance
Dell and the Environment
The Dell PS4110 series arrays have earned the ENERGY STAR Data Center Storage designation. Click Here to learn more about the ENERGY STAR Storage 1.0 designation.
Enterprise features for smaller deploymentsIdeal for your growing storage needs, the PS4110E 10GbE iSCSI array is a high-capacity Dell™ Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Implement EqualLogic’s first 10GbE storage array right-sized and right-priced for small and midsized businesses.
- Use the EqualLogic™ virtualized scale-out architecture for server consolidation and virtualization.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your entire EqualLogic™ SAN, including PS4110 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic™ SAN Headquarters (SANHQ).
- Easily grow your EqualLogic™ SAN by adding other PS Series arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Economical and flexibleBuild capacity for your data center with versatile PS4110E arrays, 12 nearline Serial Attached SCSI (NL-SAS) 3.5” drives and up to 36TB of capacity, the PS4110E has the lowest cost per terabyte in the PS4110 line and features:
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port for each controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 12 NL-SAS, 7.2K hot-swappable drives
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SANHQ management software
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software featuresMeet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool free space improving your capacity management.
EqualLogic Array Software
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
Dell ServicesDell believes that a well-planned and maintained storage infrastructure can support growing data requirements without the corresponding increase in cost and complexity. Intelligent data management allows organizations to optimize the value of their storage investment with a better use of resources. Dell Data Management Services can help customers design, implement, manage and maintain storage infrastructures that satisfy data availability, retention and recovery requirements.
Dell™ ProSupport™ —True enterprise-class support for complex environment with complex. More than 80 percent of IT budgets go to infrastructure maintenance costs, leaving little room for innovation. With the right support solution from Dell, you can focus on your core business.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
|ProSupport||Dell ProSupport Plus|
Designed for customers who want premium hardware and software support
Designed for critical systems in a customer’s environment.
|Dell Enterprise Deployment|
Dell provides a comprehensive set of flexible remote and on-site deployment services for PowerEdge™ and PowerEdge SC servers, as well as PowerVault™ and Dell EqualLogic storage products to optimize deployment and get your system up and running quickly. We deploy better than anyone else with our:
- Expert deployment engineers with deep product knowledge
- Proven processes based on best practices and comprehensive tools and software
- On demand global deployment resources and capabilities
- Get world class enterprise deployment services beginning with a single point of project manager to evaluate, plan, configure and integrate your enterprise solutions. Now that your infrastructure is optimally deployed, leverage our data migration experts to design a robust plan and migrate your data.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell EqualLogic storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices.
More information can be found here.