Affordable high-capacity enterprise-class storage
Improve storage capacity, performance and connectivity for your small or midsize business with cost-effective EqualLogic™ PS4110E 10GbE iSCSI SAN arrays.
Enhance your small or midsize business with the EqualLogic PS4110E iSCSI array — powerful performance, 10GbE connectivity and easy, flexible management.
Enterprise features for smaller deploymentsIdeal for your growing storage needs, the PS4110E 10GbE iSCSI array is a high-capacity Dell™ Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Leverage your existing infrastructure with 10GbE SFP+ or build out your network with new, cost-effective 10GBASE-T (both supported).
- Implement EqualLogic’s first 10GbE storage array right-sized and right-priced for small and midsized businesses.
- Use the EqualLogic™ virtualized scale-out architecture for server consolidation and virtualization.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your entire EqualLogic™ SAN, including PS4110 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic™ SAN Headquarters (SANHQ).
- Easily grow your EqualLogic™ SAN by adding other PS Series arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Economical and flexibleBuild capacity for your data center with versatile PS4110E arrays, 12 nearline Serial Attached SCSI (NL-SAS) 3.5” drives and up to 36TB of capacity, the PS4110E has the lowest cost per terabyte in the PS4110 line and features:
- Dual 10GbE controllers and dual power supplies designed for built-in redundancy
- Dedicated 10/100 management port for each controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 12 NL-SAS, 7.2K hot-swappable drives
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Sharing, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- EqualLogic Host Software that extends the functionality of the array-based software to enable cooperation with the host
- Host Integration Tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® products as well as EqualLogic SANHQ management software
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software featuresMeet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool free space improving your capacity management.
Dell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions to help you store and manage your data so you can efficiently move the right data to the right place at the right time for the right cost. EqualLogic array software and host software are part of these solutions and are included with your EqualLogic array purchase — providing all the tools your organization needs for a complete storage area network (SAN) solution.
|EqualLogic Array Software|
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 (available early 2014) can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
Dell ServicesDell believes that a well-planned and maintained storage infrastructure can support growing data requirements without the corresponding increase in cost and complexity. Intelligent data management allows organizations to optimize the value of their storage investment with a better use of resources. Dell™ Data Management Services can help customers design, implement, manage and maintain storage infrastructures that satisfy data availability, retention and recovery requirements.
Dell ProSupport™ —True enterprise-class support for complex environment with complex. More than 80 percent of IT budgets go to infrastructure maintenance costs, leaving little room for innovation. With the right support solution from Dell, you can focus on your core business.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
|ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
Designed for customers who want premium hardware and software support
Designed for critical systems in a customer’s environment.
|Dell Enterprise Deployment|
Dell provides a comprehensive set of flexible remote and on-site deployment services for PowerEdge™ and PowerEdge SC servers, as well as PowerVault™ and Dell EqualLogic storage products to optimize deployment and get your system up and running quickly. We deploy better than anyone else with our -:
- Expert deployment engineers with deep product knowledge
- Proven processes based on best practices and comprehensive tools and software
- On demand global deployment resources and capabilities
- Get world class enterprise deployment services beginning with a single point of project manager to evaluate, plan, configure and integrate your enterprise solutions. Now that your infrastructure is optimally deployed, leverage our data migration experts to design a robust plan and migrate your data.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell's EqualLogic Storage array and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage array and how to apply best practices. To learn more, visit learndell.com/equallogic.