Win at work.
Have fun and get it all done on this award-winning 17.3” laptop featuring a 10-key number pad, with 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and an HD+ screen. 17.3"|weight from 5.8lbs"
- 17.3" HD+ display (900p) WLED with TrueLife (1600x900) makes for stunning visuals.
- Integrated DVD-RW lets you both burn files and watch your favorite movies.
- Huge hard drive has the capacity to store thousands of songs, graphics or spreadsheets.
- HDMI 1.4 port connects you to an HDTV or HD monitor for an ultimate presentation experience.
Your personal assistant
- Ports: Connect MP3 players, cameras, external drives and more using two USB 3.0, two USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4 and RJ45 Ethernet ports.
- 10-key number pad: Accountants rejoice. A 10-key numeric keypad makes managing spreadsheets and balancing budgets a breeze.
- 8-in-1 media card: Can’t find your camera cables? Just upload media files right from your camera’s card with the 8-in-1 media reader.
- Ready to move The Inspiron 17 is just over 1" thin, so taking it from desk to conference table is easy. Plus, the textured lid and palm rest help you get a grip on things.
- Stay powered up wherever Long battery life means more flexibility and fun. Because the place to be isn’t always near the outlet.
- Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
- Everything hinges on it:We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times
- Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
- Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Complete your Inspiron 17 experience
Your Inspiron 17 comes preloaded with video conference and McAfee SecurityCenter anti-virus software to help you stay connected and protected.
Your complete IT solution: Enjoy a suite of dedicated IT support 24x7. Dell ProSupport™ helps minimize downtime with phone, online or onsite support. Opt for Dell Next Business Day Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis* for on-site repairs.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-in-one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop’s potential.
Incredible value is standard at Dell. With services and support that stands out, you can always count on getting much more than just a PC.
Free shipping: Count on extra savings with free shipping and easy returns.
Loyalty perks: Join the Dell Advantage program for exclusive benefits.
Expert help: Award-winning service is standard with America’s Best Support.
- Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4 processing
Built-in digital microphone
- Tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- 4-cell/2.8Ah (40 WHr) Lithium Ion
- Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone
- Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Integrated Ethernet 10/100
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(2) USB 3.0 + (2) USB 2.0
Combination headphone/microphone jack
Kensington Security Lock
AC Power In
Multi-media Card Reader
Digital (SD) Memory Card
Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC)
Secure Digital Extended Capacity (SDXC) with UHS 50MB/Sec
Memory Stick (MS)
Memory Stick PRO (MS Pro)
Memory Stick XC (MSXC)
Multi Media Card (MMC)
Multi Media Card plus (MMC+) Supported in MMC compatibility mode only
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 16.2” (412mm)
Height: 1.12” (28.34mm) front / 1.17” (29.6mm) rear with 4-cell/40 WHr battery
Depth: 10.6” (270mm)
Starting weight of 5.82 lbs (2.64 kg) with 4-cell/40 WHr battery
With Dell ProSupport, you can expect:
- 24x7 direct access to highly trained experts who provide enterprise-level, tech-to-tech support
- Remote and on-site support with four and eight hour parts & labor response options
- Incident-based third-party software assistance for data center and end-user applications, OS, and firmware troubleshooting
- Emergency parts and labor dispatch, in parallel with troubleshooting for issues you identify as severity level 1
- Access to secure online management of parts, convenient for servicing your own hardware
- Options to remotely monitor and manage your data center hardware
- Options for data and asset protection services
Data Management and Protection
Asset Management and Protection
IT Advisory Services
|Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and setup|
For fast, trouble-free installation of your system, including installing into a pre-built rack where applicable. For advanced installation requirements your Dell representative can provide a customised quotation.
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
With Dell Configuration Services, your company receives fully functional systems ready for use by end users or for installation in your data center.Dell Configuration Services can help remove the complexity and frustration associated with deploying new equipment. You avoid excessive downtime in deploying new systems and can eliminate the risks and unnecessary complexity associated with supporting nonstandard configurations in your environment.
Have your image loaded on your PCs prior to shipping. By allowing Dell Services to load your image as your systems are being built, you’ll be able to receive fully imaged laptops and desktops and minimize disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Want to be able to control and effectively manage the status of your computer equipment? Our asset tags and ship-box labels make identifying, tracking, securing and recovering your computers easier, simpler and more affordable.
Computrace by Absolute® Software helps your organization locate lost or stolen systems and protect the corporate data that resides on these machines. Computrace allows you to centrally manage your IT assets, identify missing assets and enforce software policies. In the event of loss or theft – Computrace One can help recover the asset.
Allows customization and personalization of BIOS information for your organisation . An automated way to save time and effort creating basic system settings. Provides additional security and change control.
Hard Drive Partitioning
Minimize the risk of damaging crucial Operating System files and increase flexibility by storing your data on separate partitions with no need to purchase and install expensive disk partitioning software.
Asset Resale and Recycling
Asset Resale and Recycling offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal or donation solutions for outdated or end of life IT assets. This service include transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, donation charity nomination, detailed data security and environmental reports at affordable prices.