A rugged revolution
Built tough for tough environments, Latitude™ E6400 XFR was designed and engineered to be the highest performing fully rugged laptop in its class — equipped with reliable data protection, simplified IT management and investment protection that you've come to appreciate from Dell.
- A fully configured Latitude E6400 XFR with QuadCool™ Thermal Management System has up to 100 percent faster system performance than the Panasonic CF30.*
- Latitude E6400 XFR has Dell's exclusive Ballistic Armor™ Protection System to meet or exceed real-world and military standards (MIL-STD-810F).
- Latitude E6400 XFR with PrimoSeal™ technology has the highest combined level of Ingress Protection rating (IP65) of any notebook in its class.
Built for tough environments, the Latitude E6400 XFR rises to the challenges you face every workday. The XFR is built to be ready out of the box to withstand pounding rain, blowing dust and dirt, extreme temperatures, accidental drops and more. Key rugged features include:
- Dell's exclusive Ballistic Armor Protection System featuring PR481™ chassis material provides twice the impact strength versus traditional magnesium alloy.
- The Latitude E6400 XFR with Ballistic Armor Protection enables excellent protection and is the first in its class to meet a 4-ft. drop specification. *
- With PrimoSeal™ technology, we provide the highest combined Ingress Protection rating (IP65), for enhanced protection against blowing dust and liquid.
Total Control Of OwnershipDell is committed to providing you the commonality, tools and service offerings to simplify IT management, so you can focus on the mission at hand.
The XFR shares the image and peripherals with the corporate-class Latitude E6400, helping you achieve a system commonality and a lower TCO.
Dell ProSupport service offerings help you deploy systems easily and quickly.
Uncompromising PerformanceThe high-performing, fully rugged laptop is the first in its class to ship with both Intel® Core™2 Duo processor with vPro™ technology and optional discrete graphics. The Latitude E6400 XFR has brains as well as brawn.
- QuadCool Thermal Management System enables the XFR to meet the MIL-STD for temperature extremes and supports world-class performance, while running the latest Intel® Core™2 Duo processors.
- Optional solid-state drives (SSD) can deliver increased durability and improved system performance.
- Extended field-use batteries equipped with ExpressCharge enables primary battery recharge times up to two times faster than Panasonic CF-30.*
Inspired DesignLatitude E6400 XFR features securely sealed port covers and a wide range of key peripherals to work wherever you need it to.
- Work in direct sunlight with the large 14.1" wide-aspect LCD featuring DirectVue™ Technology LCD.
- Work with vehicle docking, which allows flexibility for police and field technicians to mount systems directly in their vehicles where they work.
- Get secure, simple, locking doors with PrimoSeal for exceptional protection while working in wet or dusty conditions.
- Intel® 45 Express Chipset
- NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 160M 256MB DDR2
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- 14.1" Premium WXGA (1280 x 800) wide-aspect transmissive display with Direct Vue™ technology for outdoor readability
Available in non-touch or resistive touch versions
- DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD, DVD+/-RW
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network interface adaptor
56K v924 Internal Modem
Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11g)
Dell Wireless 1510 (802.11a/g/n 2x2)
Intel® WiFi Link 5100 [802.11a/g/draft n (1x2)]
Intel WiFi Link 5300 [802.11a/g/draft n (3x3)]
Mobile Broadband & GPS:
Dell Wireless 5720 (EvDO & GPS) Mobile Broadband Mini Card
Dell Wireless 5530 (Tri-band HSDPA 7.2/HSUPA 2.0 & GPS) Mini-Card
Bluetooth & Ultra-Wideband:
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth® 2.1 (optional)
Dedicated GPS & Antennae, SiRFstarIII™ (coming in May)
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Battery and Hard Drive Locks
User & System Security:
Smart Card Reader and Contactless Smart Card Reader (protected behind sealed door)
Fingerprint Reader (optional)
ControlVault - secure credential management within a trusted boundary
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
802.11 Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) 802.1x with EAP modes and compatible with CCX 4.0
- 2 speakers, digital microphone
Integrated Webcam (optional)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
IEEE - 1394, docking connector, USB 2.0 (x4), VGA, Display Port, RJ-11 (optional), RJ-45, eSATA, headphone/speaker out, mic (all protected behind sealed doors)
1 Type I/II PCMCIA OR Expresscard/54, 5-in-1 card reader
Weight & Dimensions:
Starting at: 8.5 lbs/3.86 kg
Key Peripherals & Docking:
Vehicle Docking Systems, Rugged Battery Slice, Rugged Legacy I/O Adapter, E-Family Deskdock Adapter, Removable LCD Protective Touch Overlay, XFR Shoulder Strap Kit, Spare LCD Pen/Tether Kit
E-Family modular bay: 8X DVD-ROM, 24X CDRW/DVD, 8X DVD+/-RW, second Hard Drive or Travel Lite Module
- Power Supply:
90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
6-cell primary battery
12 cell high-capacity rugged battery slice (optional)
Introducing Dell ProSupportProfessional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Specialised Onsite Options - Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed.|
|CompleteCover™ Accidental Damage Service* - Repairs or replaces accidentally damaged systems.|
Keep Your Hard Drive* - Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.
|Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
|Customisation and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customisation and utilisation of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Client Migration and Deployment
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
Microsoft Windows Vista Assessment and Dell Deployment
Dell can help you assess your PC deployment process and recommend ways in which you can improve efficiency, reduce complexity, and maximise the return on your IT investment.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.
Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Our flexible approach allows you to tailor classes to the needs and busy schedules of your employees with instructor led classrooms or virtual courses, and even self-directed on-line options. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximise productivity, and reduce end user requests and downtime.