Outstanding flexibility and performance.
Optimize performance for today’s applications with multi-rate, flexible solutions supporting 10/25/40/50/100GbE throughput.
|Chassis||Dell Networking Z9100||Dell Networking Z9500|
|100 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP28 ports||32||0|
|40 Gigabit Ethernet QSFP+ ports||32||132|
|Size||1 RU, 1.72"h x 17.1"w x 18”d (4.4 h x 43.4 w x 45.7 cm d)||3RU, 5.25” h x 17.08” w x 34” d (13.3 h x 43.4 w x 86.4 cm d)|
|Weight||22 lbs (9.98 kg)||122 lbs|
|Environmental||Dell Networking Z9100||Dell Networking Z9500|
|Operating temperature||32°F to 113°F (0°C to 45°C)||32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Operating humidity||10 to 90% (RH), non-condensing||10 to 85% (RH), non-condensing|
|Power||Dell Networking Z9100||Dell Networking Z9500|
|Power supply||100–240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100–240V AC 50/60Hz|
|Max. power consumption||605 Watts||3100W|
Hot-swappable redundant power
Hot-swappable redundant fans
1 RJ45 console/management port with RS232 signaling
1 RJ45 10/100/1000 Base-T management port
1 x USB 2.0 type A storage port
1 x micro USB 2.0 type B console/management port
Storage temperature: –40° to 158°F (–40° to 70°C)
Storage humidity: 5 to 95% (RH), non-condensing
Standards and compliance:
UL/CSA 60950-1, Second Edition
EN 60950-1, Second Edition
IEC 60950-1, Second Edition including all national deviations and group differences
EN 60825-1 Safety of laser products part 1: Equipment
Classification requirements and user's guide
EN 60825-2 Safety of laser products part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communication Systems
FDA regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Data Sheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Homepage
Dell and the Environment
Networking for the future-ready data centerDell Networking Z-Series of core/aggregation switches provide optimal flexibility, performance, density and power efficiency for your data center. Offering a range of fixed-form-factor switches, the Z-Series is designed to deliver high performance for today's demanding workloads while providing headroom for future data-center demands.
Ultimate flexibility — from density to deploymentDell Networking Z-Series switches not only simplify manageability, they give you the flexibility to stay ahead of data needs rather than react to them.
- Pay-as-you-grow licensing with 36-, 84- or 132-port options (Z9500) allows you to scale according to your business needs.
- Optimized leaf/spine architecture with Z-Series switches supports data centers of virtually any size, with up to over 100,000 servers.
- Exceptionally high density with the Z9500 provides up to 528 x 10GbE ports in a single switch — twice the density per rack unit over the Cisco* Nexus 9508 Series switches.
For mid-sized to enterprise data centers, pay-as-you-grow licensing or multi-rate options can mean the difference between being leading edge or falling behind. Right out of the box, Z-Series switches give you scalable performance on demand.
- Multi-rate options including 10, 25, 40, 50, or 100Gb Ethernet ports with the Z9100-ON
- Up to 10Tbps throughput performance with the Z9500
- Exceptional low latency delivering as low as 400 ns
- User-configurable table adjustments for virtualized data-center deployments
Energy and resource efficientDell Networking Z-Series offers outstanding performance and is one of the most power-efficient fabric switches on the market today. The Z series switches help reduce energy costs, speed setup and improve the bottom line with:
- Up to one-third the power consumption of comparable leading switches
- Up to 7x faster deployment with Active Fabric Manager over traditional deployment methods
- Tool-less enterprise ReadyRails for fast, easy installation
Dell Networking Z9100-ON Multi-rate Fabric Switch
This open networking, SDN-ready fixed form factor switch is purpose-built for applications in high-performance data centers and modern computing environments.
• Multi-rate switch offering 10/25/40/50/100GbE
| || |
Dell Networking Z9500 Ethernet Fabric Switch
This powerful, high-density core switch offers pay-as-you-grow pricing and built-in Dell support for large virtualized and cloud networks.
Key features include:
• 10/40GbE core switch with 132 40GbE ports