Layer 3 GbE LAN access switch.
Wire speed throughput, high availability, energy efficiency plus robust management and security for small-business to enterprise environments.
The Dell Networking 7000 Series switches are designed for enterprise-grade applications where performance and availability are key:
- Up to 48 GbE ports in a 1U chassis
- Up to 160 Mpps throughput and a data rate of up to 224 Gbps (full duplex) for both Layer 2 and Layer 3 environments
- Highly available (HA) stacking architecture (up to 12 devices and up to 600 ports) for high-density aggregation with seamless, redundant availability
- Fast stack failover for sub-50ms failover scenarios
- Dual firmware image support
- 7048R models feature redundant internal power supplies and fans plus reversible airflow options (7048R: ports-to-back / 7048RA back-to-ports)
Robust management and automated securityThe management and security elements are designed to ease network administration and to help protect the network from accidental or malicious interference. Features include:
- Shared firmware and CLI with Dell Networking 10GbE 8100 Series (In English)to ease management, reuse configuration scripts and simplify deployments
- Remote management option using an embedded web server through a simple GUI
- SNMP-based management alternatives, including Dell OpenManage Network Manager (In English)
- Single-screen management for stacked switches and single-IP management for an entire rack
- Centralized and easy-to-manage edge authentication using IEEE 802.1x
- Encrypted management traffic through SSL or SSH
- MAC-based port security designed to prevent unauthorized MAC addresses from accessing the network
- RADIUS and TACACS+ support for centralized, remote authentication of administrative access to the switch
- Support for private VLANs and administrative profiles
The 7000 Series is designed to help keep cooling and power costs low with such features as:
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) ports that cut per-port power consumption when links are idle or ports are inactive, resulting in up to 13 percent energy savings* over ports without 802.3az
- Efficient power supplies (80 PLUS certified) and multispeed fans
- High ambient-temperature operating range (up to 45°C/113°F) for temperature-constrained deployments.
Select 7000 Series models offer 24 or 48 ports of PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at) support to connect network-attached devices with high power requirements (up to 30.8 watts) without the need for a separate power cable. This includes such devices as:
- Multi-radio wireless access points
- Voice over IP (VoIP) handsets
- Video conferencing equipment
- Security cameras
USB rapid deployment
The 7000 Series also support rapid USB auto-configuration so you can quickly deploy and smoothly configure the switches without setting up complex TFTP configurations or sending technical staff to remote offices. Help simplify your network rollout by using local USB to easily assign switch configuration, updates and addressing, or choose alternative auto-configuration options, such as DHCP.
High-performance 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-sensing GbE fixed-port switch supports wire speed performance with up to 24 Energy Efficient Ethernet ports. It also comes with 4 combo SFP ports, optional 4 x 10GbE uplink ports and/or stacking at 64Gbps of bandwidth. Manage up to 12 switches as a single unit, each with optional redundant power.
High-performance 1000-SX or 1000-LX all-fiber GbE fixed-port switch supports wire speed performance with up to 24 Energy Efficient Ethernet ports, 4 combo 1GbEBase-T ports, optional 4 x 10GbE uplink ports and/or stacking at 64Gbps of bandwidth. Manage up to 12 switches as a single unit, each with optional redundant power.
High-performance 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-sensing GbE fixed-port switch with PoE+ (IEEE 802.3at) per port. It supports wire speed performance with up to 24 Energy Efficient Ethernet ports, 4 combo SFP ports, optional 4 x 10GbE uplink ports and/or stacking at 64Gbps of bandwidth. Manage up to 12 switches as a single unit, each with optional redundant power.
Highly available 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-sensing GbE fixed-port switch supports wire speed performance with up to 48 Energy Efficient Ethernet ports, 4 combo SFP ports, optional 4 x 10GbE uplink ports and/or stacking at 64Gbps of bandwidth. Manage up to 12 switches as a single unit, each with redundant power and fan options.
Highly available 10/100/1000BASE-T auto-sensing GbE fixed-port switch with reversible airflow configurations (7048R: ports-to-back / 7048RA: back-to-ports) supports wire speed performance with up to 48 Energy Efficient Ethernet ports, 4 combo SFP ports, optional 4 x 10GbE uplink ports and/or stacking at 64Gbps of bandwidth. Manage up to 12 switches as a single unit, each with redundant power and fan options.
AssessmentsUsing specialized software, Dell professionals can pinpoint issues and expose flaws in your wired or wireless network. A report will then be issued that includes recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and solutions to other identified problems.
|Network Topology Assessment|
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed network evaluation to expose design flaws and give you advice on how to architect the future.
|Network Performance Assessment|
Network running slow? We’ll conduct an in-depth analysis to uncover network latency and performance issues of specific servers and applications.
|Wireless Site Survey|
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze RF interference, identify optimal placement of devices, and recommend the best design.
|Network Security Assessment |
The network is under constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover any potential holes in the network and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that set-up and optimization is done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Let Dell install it for you so you know it’s done right.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network professionals can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite.
Dell open systems architecture allows you to interconnect existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper, and others. Our experts will seamlessly weave it all together so you don’t have to.
SupportDell offers a variety of onsite and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingWhen you need expert technical guidance, you can count on Dell. Our remote consulting team can help solve complex issues no matter where you're located. Plus, you can take advantage of the flexible pay-per-incident option.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements. Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|