Performance per watt and efficiency that can't be beaten
The PowerEdge™ M1000e blade chassis enclosure is the robust foundation for the PowerEdge M series blade solution, enabling significant data center density with an easy to deploy and manage platform that maximizes power and cooling efficiency.
A new era for blade servers
Grow with ease
Meet your growing data center performance demands with the advanced input/output (I/O) functionality and flexible scalability of the PowerEdge™ M1000e Blade Enclosure.
Find Out More
Simplified product integration
Limit your downtime with Dell™ FlexAddress, which can greatly streamline the process of integrating new servers and other components into the enclosure.
Find Out More
The new-generation PowerEdge experience
Make IT the engine for your business success. The newest generation PowerEdge™ family is engineered with the right combination of features and performance scalability to handle tough workloads for both large and small data center environments.
Improve operational efficiency with enhanced systems management
Global Services and Support
- External Storage Options:
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
Enclosure I/O Modules
- Up to 6 blade I/O modules for 3 fully redundant fabrics that take advantage of a fully passive midplane that can scale up to 8.4Tbps with current technologies featuring 1/10Gb Ethernet to servers, 40Gb Ethernet to top-of-rack switches, 8Gb and 16Gb Fibre Channel, and FDR/FDR10 InfiniBand. Dell’s blade Ethernet devices also have FlexIO technology, providing on-demand uplink scalability and investment protection unrivaled in the blade server market.
Dell™ Networking MXL 10/40Gb Ethernet Switch
Converged 1/10/40Gb Ethernet switch with up to 56-10GbE ports (32 internal), converged iSCSI and FCoE (transit to ToR), 320Gb stacking of up to 6 switches, FlexIO technology, and PVST+ industry standard spanning tree. 32 internal 10GE ports provide full redundancy to dense quarter-height blades on fabric A.
Dell PowerEdge™ M I/O Aggregator
1/10Gb Ethernet connectivity with zero touch FCoE and converged iSCSI deployment. 32 internal 10GbE ports provide full redundancy to dense quarter-height blades on fabric A. Supports Active System Manager and CMC Aggregator GUI.
Dell Networking M8024-k 10Gb Ethernet Switch
Converged 1/10Gb Ethernet switch with up to 24 10GbE ports (16 internal), converged FCoE (transit to ToR), stacking of up to 6 modules, FlexIO technology, and simple switch mode.
Dell Networking M6348 Gigabit Ethernet Blade Switch
1Gb Ethernet switch with up to 48 ports (32 internal), stacking of up to 12 modules, simple switch mode and 16 external fixed 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet RJ-45 ports to support 32 internal server GbE connections supplied by quad-port Gigabit Ethernet adapters plus up to 4 10Gb uplink ports.
Dell Networking M6220 Gigabit Ethernet Switch
1Gb Ethernet switch with up to 24 ports (16 internal), stacking of up to 12 switches, simple switch mode, and 4 fixed copper 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet uplinks and FlexIO technology for up to 4 additional 10GbE uplinks.
Dell 10GbE Pass-Through -k Module
Supports 16 10Gb connections.
Cisco® Nexus™ B22DELL Blade Fabric Extender (FEX)
16 internal 10GbE ports and 8 external 10GbE ports; provides 10GbE connectivity to Cisco Nexus series infrastructure.
Brocade M6505 16Gb Fibre Channel Switch
24 16Gb Fibre Channel ports (16 internal server ports and 8 external fabric ports). Zero footprint, hot-pluggable design with no additional fans or power supplies. Dynamic Ports on Demand (PoD) and “pay-as-you-grow” port upgrades for 12-port configurations.
Brocade® M5424 8Gb Fibre Channel Switch
24 8Gb Fibre Channel ports (16 internal server ports and 8 external fabric ports).
8/4Gb Fibre Channel Pass-Through Module
Supports 16 8Gb or 4Gb Fibre Channel connections.
Mellanox® M4001T FDR10 and M4001F FDR InfiniBand® Switches
16 internal ports and 16 external QSFP+ ports in a single wide form factor.
- Up to six 3000W high-efficiency power supplies, six 2700W high-efficiency power supplies or up to six -48V DC 2700W power supplies.
Based on Dell’s Energy Smart technologies, the M1000e power supplies deliver greater levels of efficiency, even at low levels of utilization. Supported power supply configurations include:
- 3+3 and 2+2 (grid redundancy)
- 2+1, 3+1, 4+2, and 5+1 (power supply redundancy)
- 2+0 and 3+0 (non-redundant mode)
- Form Factor: 10U modular enclosure holds up to sixteen half-height blade servers
44.0cm(17.3”)H x 44.7cm(17.6”)W x 75.4cm(29.7”)D
Empty Chassis only – 98lbs (44.5kg)
Chassis w/ all rear modules (IOMs, PSUs, CMCs, KVM) - 176lbs (79.8kg)
Max Fully loaded w/ blades and rear modules - 394lbs (178.7kg)
M1000e Chassis comes standard with 9 hot pluggable, redundant fan modules
Based on Energy Smart Technologies, M1000e fans are a breakthrough in power and cooling efficiency.
The fans deliver low power consumption, but also use next generation “low flow” technology to ensure the
lowest possible amount of fresh air is consumed to cool the enclosure
Front Control Panel with interactive Graphical LCD
Supports initial configuration wizard
Local server blade, enclosure, and module information and troubleshooting
Two USB Keyboard/Mouse connections and one Video connection (requires the optional Avocent iKVM switch
to enable these ports) for local front “crash cart” console connections that can be switched between blades
- 1 (standard) or optional 2nd (redundant) Chassis Management Controller(s) (CMC) that provide:
- Single secure interface for inventory, configuration, monitoring, and alerting for the chassis and all components
- Multi-chassis management capability allows up to nine chassis and 288 servers to be managed from a single, embedded, agent-less interface
- Enables automated and embedded one-to-many blade BIOS and firmware updates, independent of the OS through iDRAC
- Allows one-to-many blade server BIOS capture and replication
- Real-Time Power/Thermal Monitoring and Management
- Real-Time System AC Power Consumption with resettable peak and minimum values
- System-level power limiting and slot-based power prioritization
- Manages Dynamic Power Engagement functionality that can help to lower overall system power consumption by ensuring power supplies run at their optimal efficiency points
- Manages fan speed control using Dell’s enhanced efficiency technologies to ensure fans are delivering optimal cooling while minimizing power consumption and airflow
- Secure Web (SSL) and Command Line (Telnet/SSH) interfaces
- Supports multiple levels of user roles and permissions, including integration into Microsoft® Active Directory® Services and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services for authentication
- 2 x 10/100/1000Mb Ethernet ports + 1 serial port
- Provides single point of connection from management network to iDRAC on each of the blades and the management interfaces on the integrated I/O modules
- 2nd Ethernet port supports daisy chaining of CMCs for improved cable management
Optional Integrated Avocent® keyboard, video and mouse (iKVM) switch
Enables USB keyboard/mouse and video port on front control panel
Dell OpenManage™ Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Server Administrator—monitoring agents and 1:1 management utilities
Dell OpenManage Essentials—discover, inventory, monitor, and update M1000e chassis and blades
Integration with third-party management solutions through Dell’s Certified Partner Program