Enhance performance, boost consolidation
Accelerate application performance, consolidation and time-to-value for data center or office workloads with manageable, high-density blades.
Intel® Xeon® processor E5-4600 v4 product family
Processor Sockets: 4
2 x Intel QuickPath Interconnect (QPI); 6.4 GT/s; 8.0 GT/s; 9.6 GT/s
2.5MB per core; core options: 6, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 22
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
VMware vSphere® ESXi
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit Dell.com/OSsupport (in English)
- Intel C610 series chipset
- Up to 3TB (48 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400 MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware vSphere® ESXi™ using redundant internal SD cards dedicated for hypervisor
- Hot-plug hard drive options: PowerEdge Express Flash NVMe PCIe SSD, SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD
- 12 x 1.8” SSD, 4 x 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD, 2 x 2.5” PCIe SSD and 2 x 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD or SAS HDD/SSD
I/O Mezzanine Card Options
- Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
- PERC S130 (SW RAID), PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC H730P
- Two Dell Select Network Adapters using:
Broadcom 5720 1Gb Quad Port KR Blade Network Daughter Card
QLogic 57840S 10Gb Quad Port KR Blade Network Daughter Card
QLogic 57810S-k Dual port 10Gb KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Emulex OneConnect OCm14102-U4-D, Dual Port 10GbE, KR CNA Network Daughter Card
Emulex dual-port 10GB KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Intel i350 Quad Port 1 Gigabit, KR Blade Network Daughter Card
Intel x520-k dual-port 10Gb KR Blade Network Daughter Card
- Chassis level – PowerEdge M1000e 2700W Platinum and 3000W Titanium PSU options
- Video type Matrox® G200 (integrated with iDRAC8)
Video memory: 16MB shared with iDRAC8 application memory
- Form factor: Full-height blade with up to 8 nodes in a M1000e chassis; up to 2 nodes in VRTX converged infrastructure
Blade Server Dimensions:
Height: 15.2 inch (197.92 mm)
Width: 2 inch (50.35 mm)
Depth: 19.2 inch (564.9 mm)
- Systems management: IPMI 2.0 compliant;
Dell OpenManage Essentials; Dell OpenManage Mobile;
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Remote management iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade)
8GB vFlash media (upgrade), 16GB vFlash media (upgrade)
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
• Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft® System Center
• Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
• HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
• Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
Enhance IT workload performanceUp to 88 Intel® processor cores and 48 DIMMS of DDR4 memory offer tremendous computational horsepower for heavy-use workloads in exceptionally demanding database, technical computing and virtualized environments.
- Power through compute-intensive workloads with 83 percent more processing cores per socket than previous-generation Intel processors.
- Get results faster from memory-intensive workloads with DDR4 DIMMs offering 28 percent higher MT/s than DDR3.
- Feed your IO-intensive workloads with up to 240Mbits of throughput using 24 x 10GbE ports connected to three redundant, low-latency fabrics.
- Accelerate data-intensive workloads, such as OLAP and other business intelligence applications, using 12 in-chassis SSDs, with expansion options of up to 25 2.5” HDDs or 72TBs with 3.5” HDDs.
Expedite time to valueReduce configuration, maintenance, imaging and deployment time and costs by standardizing on a single 4-socket E5-4600v4 platform in existing VRTX or M1000e blade server chassis for remote offices and data centers.
- Protect software-defined compute, storage and networking with Dell EMC Fault Resilient Memory and redundant embedded hypervisor.
- Automate operations with agent-free, 1-to-many systems management tools that pre-provision LAN and SAN resources and assist with BIOS, firmware and driver updates.
- Enable zero-touch discovery and configuration with template-based provisioning.
|•||Reduce infrastructure sprawl by consolidating management modules, switches, power and network cabling, disk enclosures, and feature-dense 4S servers into a single chassis.|
|•||Save floor space, power and cooling costs, and licensing fees by using core-dense M830s to create a software-defined environment from legacy infrastructure.|
|•||Utilize vast local SSD and memory resources to develop software-defined standalone edge networking and DAS storage with VMware VSAN and Virtual Distributed Switch technologies.|
Simplify and automate managementHelp lower cost and complexity with the embedded management and automation features of the Chassis Management Controller (CMC). Manage blades individually or collectively in groups, in one or multiple chassis, and in one or more locations in your network.
|Agent-free management from iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller provides real-time monitoring for the server and internal storage devices. It monitors server health, internal parameters and system performance – without requiring agents.|
|Lifecycle Controller provides deployment, update and support automation on demand to maximize data center efficiency, and can automatically inventory, monitor and update any new PowerEdge system added to the data center.|
|Additional features include: Zero-touch automated deployment that discovers and auto-configures servers; Automated server updates that synchronize servers to firmware baselines; Tech Support Report that continuously updates health and status.|
Enable the future-ready data centerWith exceptional flexibility, reliability and efficiency, our latest-generation blade servers are ready to run business-critical applications in data centers yet to come.
- Exceptional reliability: Shared server chassis feature hot-plug, redundant power and cooling, and servers include redundant embedded hypervisors, fault-resilient memory and multiple RAID options.
- Focused on efficiency: Help reduce your hardware footprint and lower your total cost of ownership with efficient power supplies and fans, enhanced power management features and Fresh Air 2.0 configurations.
Choose our premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Dell Global Services
Dell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell Support Services
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services aims to complement your relationship with Dell as a trusted partner by offering Education Services for our own products, for industry leading infrastructure solutions and for the ongoing development of your organization. It is a global organization with local representation, classrooms and web-based training available worldwide
Contact your Dell representative today for more information.
Transform your data center. We can help.
When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.
Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more:
|•||Cloud Computing||•||Power and Cooling|
|•||High Performance Computing||•||Virtualization|
|•||Networking||•||And more …|
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.