Outstanding storage density and value
- Offer Price £2,178
Built-in business value
Designed to go the distanceYou've told us you need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products and services. Working with your needs in mind, we've designed the PowerEdge™ R515 for optimal reliability and ease of use, incorporating customer-inspired features that range from robust metal hard-drive carriers and industrial-quality materials to embedded diagnostics and a handy interactive LCD screen.
Our reliability goals are simple — deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
- A unified server configurator (USC) helps minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media requirements.
- A "one-touch" quality-control process enables one person to be responsible for the entire server build.
- Every fully configured Dell™ server model is tested — and retested — before it leaves the factory.
- Our OS, application and software integration testing and validation process helps ensure that everything works together right out of the box.
- A focus on product longevity helps ensure that product life cycles are long and fully supported with replacement parts, providing excellent investment protection.
Efficient from the inside outWe've designed the PowerEdge R515 to provide you with a number of time- and energy-saving features.
- Energy Smart technologies, including low-wattage processors, low-voltage DIMMs and high-efficiency fans that adjust spin rates according to server workload demands, help you manage power in your specific environment.
- Internal server shrouding and logical component layouts optimise the airflow direction to help cool the server.
- Energy-efficient power supplies use power effectively without compromising business productivity
- All external ports, power supplies and LED lights or LCD screens are clustered in the same area across the PowerEdge portfolio to ease usability, installation and administration.
- Compact chassis design helps you utilise space efficiently in your environment.
Easy to manageAs an IT professional, you don't have extra time to spend on routine management and maintenance tasks. That's why the Dell™ systems management portfolio focuses on two core principles to make your life easier: simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- Lifecycle Controller — Integrated on the server, the optional Lifecycle Controller helps administrators perform provisioning functions, such as diagnostics, hardware configuration and system deployment, in a pre-OS environment — all from a single interface called the unified server configurator (USC). This helps eliminate excess CD/DVD media and helps get your server up and running fast.
- Dell™ Management Console — Enjoy a consolidated view of your IT infrastructure through the Dell Management Console, part of the Dell OpenManage™ portfolio and included with every Dell server.
- Interactive LCD Screen — The PowerEdge™ R515 features an interactive LCD screen on the front of the server to ease setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help you address issues quickly to simplify day-to-day monitoring.
- Automated Updates — To help ensure your systems stay running at their best, automatic update notifications from Support.Dell.com provide you the latest updates for firmware, drivers and BIOS.
- AMD Opteron 4334, 6C, 3.1GHz, 6M L2/8M L3 Cache, Turbo CORE, 95W TDP, DDR3-1600MHz
- 16GB Memory for 2 CPUs, DDR3, 1333MHz (4x4GB Dual Ranked LV RDIMMs)
- 3Yr Basic Warranty - NBD Included - No Upgrade Selected
- PowerEdge R515 Rack Chassis for AMD Opteron 42xx, Up to 8x 3.5" Hot Plug HDDs, LCD Diagnostics
- No Internal Optical Drive
No other company knows more about storing and protecting information on Dell servers and storage arrays — than Dell. Direct feedback from customers — fueled by the Dell direct model — drives the design and development of a broad range of storage products for organizations of all sizes. Upon consulting with you to understand your operational objectives, Dell can design and deploy a custom storage solution and become a primary contact to assist you with your enterprise applications and information.
|Storage Area Network (SAN): |
A network of shared storage resources
|Network Attached Storage (NAS): |
A storage server that connects to a network
|Disk Storage Arrays: |
Disk enclosures that connect to a server or network
|Disk Backup : |
Disk Based Backup and data protection
|Tape Automation: |
Automated tape systems for consolidated backup
|Tape Drives and Removable Disk Drives: |
Tape and Removable Disk Drive devices used to back up and restore information
Depending on your current business requirements and the level of service you want, we can provide you with factory, on-site, remote, modular and specialized services that fit your needs and budget. We’ll help you with a little or a lot — your choice — and provide you with access to our global resources such as our Global Command Centers.
Dell Training ServicesDell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution.
Dell IT Consulting Services
Dell Global Infrastructure Consulting Services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver returns on investment (ROI) and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The results are practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center optimization to server virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell Managed Services
Dell Managed Services are a modular set of lifecycle services designed to help customers automate and centrally configure, deploy and manage their day-to-day data center operations. These services extend a customer’s existing on-premise IT infrastructure with off-premise cloud services designed to better address challenges with mobility, highly distributed organizations, security, compliance, business continuity and disaster preparedness.
Deploy: Our factory, remote and on-site installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities, such as configuration, customization and deployment, enabling delivery of systems that are ready to work right out of the box.
Operate: Dell can help optimize your data center operations, including storage, backup and virtual environments by focusing on remote monitoring, reporting and alerts, along with full remote management for storage and backup environments, to free up IT resources.
Protect: Dell Data Center Backup Management Services are available to assist you with reporting to help refine service-level agreement (SLA) requirements, to provide monitoring to improve process efficiency or for the full management of your backup environment.
Recovery and Recycling: Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling Services help you recover and dispose of owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Dell ProSupport is a suite of support services that enable you to build the solution that’s right for your organization. Choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. From the desktop to the data center, address everyday IT challenges, such as unplanned downtime, mission-critical needs, data and asset protection, support planning, resource allocation, software application management and more. From basic support to remote support services, optimize your IT resources by prescribing the right support model.
Lifecycle Controller-Enabled Embedded Management
Dell Management Console
Microsoft® Exchange 2010Does your business depend on robust messaging capabilities? Exchange 2010 is the right tool for the job and Dell is the right partner to deliver a comprehensive user to data center solution. Exchange 2010 running on Dell's innovative hardware platform provides you a superb messaging and collaboration solution.