- Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family
Processor sockets: 2
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2016
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
- Intel C610 series chipset
- DDR4 DIMMs at up to 2133MT/s; 12 DIMM slots: 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, with Hyper-V®
VMware vSphere ESXi
- SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD
- Up to 8 x 3.5” SAS, SATA, nearline SAS,SSD drives
- Support for up to 5 x PCIe slots, half-length, low-profile): 3 x PCIe 3.0; 2 x PCIe 2.0
- 4 x 1 GbE LOMs
- Optional add-in NICs, HBAs
- 495W AC, 750W AC, 1100W AC, hot-plug PSU; 1100W -48V DC hot-plug PSU; 450W AC cabled PSU
- ECC memory
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant power
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
Support for HA clustering
Internal Dual SD Module (Failsafe Hypervisor)
- Video Type :Integrated Matrox G200 with iDRAC8
Video Memory: 16 MB shared with iDRAC8 application memory
- 2u rack:
- Systems management:
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC8 Express (default), iDRAC8 Enterprise (upgrade), 8GB vFlash media (upgrade),16GB vFlash media (upgrade), iDRAC Quick Sync
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for
Microsoft® System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for VMware® vCenter™
Dell OpenManage Connections:
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool® and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle® Database Manager
Accelerate performance across a wide range of workloadsDesigned for data centers needing an affordable, virtualization-ready, 2-socket rack server, the R530 is an excellent platform for a wide range of common business applications, including:
- Mail and messaging
- File and print
- Workgroup collaboration
- Web serving
- Video streaming
The R530 is also highly attractive as a dedicated development or backup server.
Deliver peak performanceAccelerate results across a wide range of workloads with the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per processor.
Boost memory and I/O performance with:
- 12 DIMM slots and DDR4 memory, providing as much as 15 percent greater memory bandwidth and drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Five PCIe slots, including three PCIe Gen3 slots that drive twice the data throughput compared to PCIe Gen2
Adapt to changing workload conditions with an expandable platform ready for virtualization and high-availability clustering. The R530 easily accommodates data growth with support for up to eight 3.5" hard drives and a range of RAID options for data protection and optimized performance. In addition, Dell’s innovative Failsafe Hypervisor provides hypervisor redundancy, giving the R530 additional resiliency compared to single-point-of-failure implementations.
Maximize operational efficiencySave time and reduce potential for error with simplified, intuitive systems management.
- Speed time to production and drive better ROI by automating deployment, management and updating with the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 8 (iDRAC8) with Lifecycle Controller.
- Control data center availability more effectively by monitoring and managing the health and availability of Dell PowerEdge servers anytime, anywhere through OpenManage Mobile and a handheld device.
- Harness your energy budget with energy-efficient processors, memory and power supplies. Fresh Air 2.0 configurations allow you to operate confidently at extended temperatures without the need for chilled air.
Dell SolutionsTransform your data center. We can help.When you buy a Dell server, you get more than just hardware. You get access to IT solutions end to end. From the onboard iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller in each server — to a huge array of complementary technologies, software, and services — we help you develop data center solutions that advance the goals of your business or organization, for now, and for the future.Among an array of innovative technologies, you’ll find state-of-the-art solutions for systems management, storage, networking and so much more.
State-of-the-art systems management
You can improve the performance, productivity and availability of your data center resources with our cutting edge portfolio of systems management solutions. Get anytime anywhere mobile access to your hardware, agent-free embedded management, extensive automation, and connections to third-party management solutions you may already use.
Innovative storage solutions
Improve security and performance while you store more data on less hardware across your data center. Our storage server portfolio brings you technologies like our industry-leading deduplication and compression algorithms, our patented high-performance Dell Fluid File System (FluidFS), and advanced, intelligent autotiering.
You can optimize and modernize your network infrastructure, and evolve beyond proprietary architectures with our open, standards-based networking solutions, and ready paths to software defined networking (SDN). We’ve been delivering high-performance, reliable networking solutions for over a decade, and today we power some of the world’s most demanding enterprise and Cloud/Web 2.0 environments.
And so much more
Servers, storage and networking solutions are just the tip of the iceberg of technologies we can help you develop, manage and optimize. When you visit our solutions pages, you’ll find insights and resources for the following technologies, and many more:
|•||Cloud Computing||•||Power and Cooling|
|•||High Performance Computing||•||Virtualization|
|•||Networking||•||And more …|
Visit our Solutions site for details, or talk to a Dell expert for one-on-one expertise.