Capacity, performance and security
Customers looking to store and protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption.
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-4 Ultrium tape drive
- Read and write to LTO-3 and 4, read with LTO-2
- Native: 800GB*
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximums: 120MB/s; 432GB/hr
Native Transfer Rate
- LTO4 - 120MB/sec
LTO5 - 140MB/sec
LTO6 - 160MB/sec
LTO7 - 300MB/sec
LTO6 and LTO7 drives support 2.5:1 compression. LTO4 and LTO5 drives support 2:1 compression.
- Dell and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) at 3GB/s
- Internal and External Drives Available
1.69" (h) x 5.83 (w) x 8.29" (d)
Weight (3lbs 9 oz)
2.56"(h)x 8.74"(w) x 12.87"(d)
Double the Storage Capacity and Reduce Your Backup WindowThe Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 4 (LTO-4) technology offers up to 800-GB* native capacity with a transfer rate of 432 GB/hr. That is 100 percent growth in capacity — while shrinking the backup window by one-third — over previous generations of LTO drives. With a 3-GB* Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface, the PowerVault LTO-4-120 HH leverages higher transfer rates over traditional SCSI interfaces.
PowerVault LTO-4-120 HH is the first drive in its class to offer device-level encryption. This enables organizations to protect their data efficiently without the added cost and expense of software-based encryption.
- Single external LTO-4 tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity that back up a maximum of 800 GB* (native) of information at up to 432 GB/hr (native)
- Read-and-write compatible with LTO-4 and LTO-3 media and read compatible with LTO-2
- Available with LTO-4, write-once, read-many (WORM) media to protect your data from being altered or changed
- Device-level encryption that simplifies the encryption process by helping to eliminate the need and cost of software-based encryption