Whenever it's on, you're on — and vice versa.
Style-minded small business professionals, seeking a full-featured 15”(38.1cm) portable laptop that offers maximum mobility, more internal muscle and a larger visual workspace.
Power up your businessYour business needs power. It needs speed and performance. Vostro™ laptops are your full-featured, business solution — an uncompromising mix of power and portability.
- Operating System: Windows® 7 Professional.
- Outperform the competition: Experience smooth multitasking and lightning-fast performance with DDR3 memory. Take your business to the next level by pairing Vostro's 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processors.
- Smarter graphics: Boost your graphics performance and optimize your battery life with Switchable Graphics Technology. When requiring less power, your laptop automatically switches to the smart Intel-integrated HD (high-definition) graphics — helping deliver more performance on a single battery charge.
- Faster data transfer: Sometimes your business can't wait, so why should you? Two USB 3.0 ports enable data transfers at up to 10x the speed of USB 2.0. Vostro laptops also include Bluetooth® 3.0, which transfers at up to 24 Mbps, allowing you to move large files in seconds.
Work virtually anywhere, anytime
Connecting and collaborating on-the-go has never been easier. Vostro laptops deliver a suite of hardware and software, tailored to meet your small business needs.
Collaborate from the road
Bring the boardroom to you with an HD webcam, digital array microphones to reduce background noise, preinstalled Skype and SRS Premium Voice Pro software for state-of-the-art collaboration.
Connect from virtually anywhere* with optional WWAN, WIMAX supporting 4G or mobile broadband (U.S. Only).
Work anytime you please-day or night-with an optional backlit keyboard, all while enjoying up to 13 hours of battery life* with an optional 9-cell battery.
You take care of your business. We'll worry about your laptop.
Let our world-class support stand behind your business. With Vostro's launch manager, the touch of a button brings our support center to you. Here are a few other ways we keep your business running:
- Mobile Intel® HM67 Express Chipset
Aberdeen Silver, Lucerne Red, Brisbane Bronze (Color offerings vary by regions)
- Tray load: 8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability
- 6-cell Lithium Ion battery (48WHr)
9 cell Lithium Ion battery (90WHr) (Optional)
65 Watt Slim AC Adapter
90 Watt Slim AC Adapter
65 Watt and 90 Watt Slim Auto/Air/AC Travel Adapter (optional-available in selected countries)
Fingerprint Reader with DigitalPersonaÂ® Software
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Service
McAfee Security Center
Physical security Cable lock chassis security slot and padlock
Dell Backup and Recovery Manager
- 2 integrated stereo speakers (4 ohm 2W x 2)
Integrated full Hi-def camera with digital array microphones
- Integrated Wired: Gigabit Ethernet network
Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth Combo (BT V3.0+HS)
Wireless WAN: Dell Wireless HSPA 2.0 mini-card,EVDO-HSPA mini-card
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Network connector (RJ45)
USB 3.0 (2)
USB 2.0 (1)
USB 2.0/eSATA combo (1)
8-in-1 card reader
34 mm ExpressCard
15-pin VGA video connector
Full size, spill-resistant keyboard
Optional backlit keyboard
Standard Gesture Multi-Touchpad
Dimensions & Weight:
Height: (front/back) 1.20-1.37inches/30.4-34.8mm
Starting weight: 2.47kg/5.45lb with 6-cell battery
Vostro 3550 Awards
Vostro 3550 laptop review 4*/5* June 2011
Overall, the Dell™ Vostro™ 3550 is a very good proposition for business people in need of a compact, powerful and well-designed mobile device. Dell is reliably churning out strong all-round business notebooks, and it’s a sign of great dedication when even the smallest model from a range is as impressive as the Dell Vostro 3550.
Read Full Review ›