A new twist on work and play.
Give productivity a big boost of speed with 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors, Windows 8 Pro and an innovative flip-hinge design. 12.5”/Weight from 3.35lbs.
- Starting Price £839
- Offer Price £739
Delivery methods and timing may vary, click for more information.
Constructed with precision cut aluminum and carbon fiber, the XPS 12 maximizes strength and minimizes weight with premium materials. The edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ display resists damage from scratches, drops and bumps. The carbon fiber body is as strong as aluminum, but lighter and cooler to the touch.
Your day just got brighter
XPS 12 includes a 12.5" Full HD (1080p) screen that provides up to 2X more pixels than standard HD displays so you’ll see finer details, lines and edges. A 170-degree viewing angle means your display looks clear and crisp from almost any seat. And, the 400-nit display makes it easy to see your screen in outdoor settings, delivering exceptionally clear and bright viewing for reading as well as photo and video viewing. XPS 12 lets you see images the way they were meant to be seen.
The XPS 12 operates with the new Windows 8 to deliver the latest apps to create and play in an enhanced touch-based experience — all without sacrificing PC functionality. With Windows 8 you can keep your files in SkyDrive, where they’ll be automatically synced to the cloud for access from any internet-connected device.
No more waiting. Intel® Smart Connect Technology automatically updates your email, contacts, social networks and favorite apps, even when your XPS 12 is in sleep mode*.
Share photos, connect apps or share a website – all wirelessly.* The XPS 12, built with NFC (near field communication), makes it possible. Tap and connect to pair with other NFC enabled device (like headphones and speakers) or tap another Windows 8 NFC enabled device to share photos and more.
Power your passion in seconds
Get started quickly with whatever your day brings. Boot in as little as 7 seconds and resume in less than 2 seconds from sleep mode with an all flash solid-state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology. Make it easy to run multiple applications and experience movies, videos, games and other media seamlessly, with new 4th Generation Intel® Core™ processors and new Intel® HD4400 graphics. The new XPS 12 is up to 63%* faster and provides 68%* more graphics performance than the previous generation model.
Your XPS comes with 1-year Next Day In-Home Hardware Support with Premium Phone Support. This will cover all of your hardware and software issues and queries. You can extend this support to a longer term or customize a suite of other services to add to this, including Accidental Damage Service*
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4210U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
Operating SystemHelp Me Choose
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) English
- 4GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz (On Board)
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L-RS 1600Mhz (On Board)
Video CardHelp Me Choose
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
DisplayHelp Me Choose
- 32cm (12.5”) LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
Audio and Speakers
- Realtek ALC3260; dual digital-array microphones in the camera assembly
Waves MaxxAudio®; 2W x1 = 2W total
Accidental Damage SupportHelp Me Choose
- No Accidental Damage Protection
- 1 year Accidental Damage Protection
- 2 years Accidental Damage Protection
- 3 years Accidental Damage Protection
- 1Yr Accidental Damage with Theft Protection
- 2Yr Accidental Damage with Theft Protection
- 3Yr Accidental Damage with Theft Protection
- 4 years Accidental Damage Protection
- 4Yr Accidental Damage with Theft Protection
Productivity SoftwareHelp Me Choose
- MUI Microsoft® Office Home & Business 2013, EMEA
- MUI Microsoft® Office Home & Student 2013, EMEA
- MUI Microsoft® Office Professional 2013, EMEA
- Microsoft Office 2013 Trial, MUI
Security SoftwareHelp Me Choose
- McAfee® Live Safe 12 Month Subscription
- McAfee® Live Safe 24 Month Subscription
- McAfee® Live Safe 36 Month Subscription
50WHr battery; 6-Cell Lithium Ion (built-in)
Battery is built-in to the laptop and is not replaceable by the customer.
45W AC adaptor
Skype™*, Internet Explorer, My Dell Support application, Getting Started with Windows 8 tutorial
Glass integrated button touchpad with gesture support
- 1.3MP widescreen HD webcam; 1280 x 1024 pixels with dual digital-array digital microphones
Standard full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; spill-resistant
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- 9-pin USB 3.0 port (1); 9-pin USB 3.0 port with PowerShare and Windows debugging (1); 20-pin mini DisplayPort (1); headphone/microphone combo port (1), Battery Gauge, Windows, Screen Rotate, Volume Up/Dn, Noble Lock
Dimensions & Weight
Height: 0.59”-0.79”/(15-20 mm)/ Width: 12.48” (317 mm)/ Depth 8.46” (215 mm)
Starting at 3.35lbs (1.52 kg)*
Exterior Chassis Materials
Carbon fiber composite display back and base
Magnesium palmrest with soft touch paint
Edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™ display
With Dell ProSupport, you can expect:
- 24x7 direct access to highly trained experts who provide enterprise-level, tech-to-tech support
- Remote and on-site support with four and eight hour parts & labor response options
- Incident-based third-party software assistance for data center and end-user applications, OS, and firmware troubleshooting
- Emergency parts and labor dispatch, in parallel with troubleshooting for issues you identify as severity level 1
- Access to secure online management of parts, convenient for servicing your own hardware
- Options to remotely monitor and manage your data center hardware
- Options for data and asset protection services
Data Management and Protection
Asset Management and Protection
IT Advisory Services
|Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and setup|
For fast, trouble-free installation of your system, including installing into a pre-built rack where applicable. For advanced installation requirements your Dell representative can provide a customised quotation.
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
With Dell Configuration Services, your company receives fully functional systems ready for use by end users or for installation in your data center.Dell Configuration Services can help remove the complexity and frustration associated with deploying new equipment. You avoid excessive downtime in deploying new systems and can eliminate the risks and unnecessary complexity associated with supporting nonstandard configurations in your environment.
Have your image loaded on your PCs prior to shipping. By allowing Dell Services to load your image as your systems are being built, you’ll be able to receive fully imaged laptops and desktops and minimize disruption to your day-to-day operations.
Want to be able to control and effectively manage the status of your computer equipment? Our asset tags and ship-box labels make identifying, tracking, securing and recovering your computers easier, simpler and more affordable.
Computrace by Absolute® Software helps your organization locate lost or stolen systems and protect the corporate data that resides on these machines. Computrace allows you to centrally manage your IT assets, identify missing assets and enforce software policies. In the event of loss or theft – Computrace One can help recover the asset.
Allows customization and personalization of BIOS information for your organisation . An automated way to save time and effort creating basic system settings. Provides additional security and change control.
Hard Drive Partitioning
Minimize the risk of damaging crucial Operating System files and increase flexibility by storing your data on separate partitions with no need to purchase and install expensive disk partitioning software.
Asset Resale and Recycling
Asset Resale and Recycling offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal or donation solutions for outdated or end of life IT assets. This service include transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, donation charity nomination, detailed data security and environmental reports at affordable prices.