Lead the charge.
Alienware’s most powerful MicroATX desktop, Aurora delivers strategic component layout, maximizing internal cooling and upgradeability for high performance.
Call for PricingSelect
An incredible gaming experienceThe feature-packed Alienware Aurora delivers extreme performance for gamers and power users with its exclusive and innovative chassis boasting advanced thermal management, CPU liquid cooling and an easy-to-upgrade design. With the optional ALX chassis, you'll get the Aurora's unique Active Venting technology, a premium CPU liquid cooling solution, cable-free, tool-less hard drive bays and internal theater lighting for even easier upgrades.
Go beyond the limitsThe Aurora is now available with the latest Intel® Core™ i7 processors including an Extreme Edition option, processors with as many as 6 cores and 15MB of cache and overclock speeds up to 4.3GHz with Turbo Boost technology. These new options are part of Intel’s new IvyBridge-E 4000 series family of processors. With more cores, almost double the cache of previous generation Haswell processors and quad-channel DDR3 memory, you'll tear through your most demanding games and applications at lightning-fast speeds.
Key Features of IvyBridge-E Family of Intel® Core™ i7 4000-series processors:
Win the battle against heat
The Aurora chassis features a sophisticated system of thermally monitored and controlled air chambers that allow you to monitor your system's internal temperatures. The optional ALX chassis features the addition of automated Active Venting for on-demand heat dissipation during intense gaming sessions.
Find Out More
Find Out More
High-performance CPU liquid cooling
Keeping the Aurora cool is key for component longevity and performance. All Aurora systems come equipped with CPU liquid cooling that enables reduced system acoustics, improved heat transfer and greater overclocking potential than traditional heatsinks and fans. For even lower CPU temperatures and less fan noise, upgrade to the optional Premium CPU Liquid Cooling solution (premium solution comes standard with ALX chassis upgrade).
- Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.2Ghz
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (Quad core, 10MB Cache) Overclocked up to X.XGHz
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (10MB Cache, Overclocked Turbo Boost to X.XXGHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.0Ghz
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3970x (15M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.3 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4820K Processor (Quad Core, 10MB Cache, up to 3.90GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor (6 Cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1GHz w/TurboBoost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor (6 Cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.3GHz w/TurboBoost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4930K processor (6 Cores, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, English
- Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
- Windows 8, 64-bit, English
- Windows® 8.1 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
- Windows® 8.1 Home Premium, 64Bit, French
- Windows 8.1 64-bit English/French
- Windows 8.1 (64Bit) Spanish
- Windows 7 Professional, 64Bit, English
- Windows 7 Professional, English, 64bit (includes Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit License and Media)
- Windows 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, English
- Windows® 8.1 Pro, 64Bit, English
- Windows® 8.1 Pro, 64Bit, French
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit English/French
- Windows 8.1 Pro (64Bit) Spanish
- Single Optical Disc Drive Options
24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW) (Standard)
Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
8X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Dual Optical Disc Drive Options
Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW) and 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
8X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW) and 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
- AMD Radeon™ R9 270 with 2GB GDDR5 (Standard)
- 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760Ti with 2GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 with 2GB GDDR5
- Dual AMD Radeon R9 270 with 4GB (2x 2GB) GDDR5 – Crossfire™ Enabled
- AMD Radeon™ R9 290X with 4GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 with 3GB GDDR5
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760Ti with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 graphics with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 – NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 690 with 4GB GDDR5 - Dual GPU Card
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8990 with 6GB GDDR5 - Dual GPU Card
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 with 6GB total (2x 3GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX TITAN Z with 12GB GDDR5 - Dual GPU Card
- No Wireless Included
- Dell Wireless 1540 802.11a/n Dual Band, High Speed Wi-Fi
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software (Standard)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Optional)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (Optional)
- Front I/O Ports
(2x) Hi-Speed USB 2.0
(1x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0
(1x) Microphone In
(1x) Headphone/Speaker Out
(1x) 19-in-1 Media Card Reader (Optional)
Rear I/O Ports
(1x) RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet
(4x) Hi-Speed USB 2.0
(1x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0
(1x) Microphone In
(1x) Front Left/Right Speakers
(1x) Center Speaker
(1x) Rear Left/Right Speakers
(1x) Side Left/Right Speakers
(1x) SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK)
(1x) SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- 19-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Internal Expansion Slots
(2x) PCI-Express x16 (electrical spec: x16/x16)
(2x) PCI-Express x1
4x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- Alienware™ 875 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
GPU & Chassis
Motherboard and Chassis Form Factor
MicroATX Motherboard, Mid-Tower Chassis
Matte Stealth Black
Height: 16.77" - (426mm)
Depth: 25.39" - (645mm)
Width: 9.847" - (250mm)
Average Weight: 45lbs - (20.41 Kg.)
Optional "ALX Chassis" Features
Alienware Active Venting (Height with top vents open: 17.59" (447mm))
Enhanced AlienFX™ System Lighting - 8 Lighting Zones
Slide-in, tool-less, and cable-free hard drive bays
Internal Theater Lighting
Operating System Options
Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit)
Windows® 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Alienware Command Center
Software Personalization Options
AlienFX™ System Colors
Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D is included on all systems equipped with Blu-ray drives
Processor and Core Architecture
Alienware™ High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
Intel® X79 Express Chipset w/ Unlocked BIOS for Overclocking, CPU Socket 2011
Recyclable Packaging Material Details
Alienware desktop packaging is made from 68% recyclable products.
Internal shock absorbing structures are made of 100% recyclable high-density polyethylene.
The materials used to make these structures come from 100% household post-consumer bottles.
Alienware Aurora direct packaging dimensions
34.13" x 17.63" x 26.0" (866.90mm x 447.80mm x 660.4mm)
Alienware Aurora R4 Gaming Desktop
Explore your Alienware Aurora chassis and performance options
The Alienware™ Aurora™ is a high-performance machine engineered for gaming and entertainment excellence. No matter which chassis option you choose — standard or ALX — you’ll enjoy pure entertainment power that’s sure to blow you away.
Exclusive ALX Chassis Benefits
Active Venting — thermal controls allow you to increase airflow through specially designed, interactive vents along the top of the chassis.
Enhanced AlienFX® — Choose from over 25 billion lighting color combinations across 8 user-customizable zones and 20 color swatches.
Toolless, Cable-free, Slide-in Hard Drive Caddies — allows for easy component upgrades as you enhance your technology.
A/C Power-Independent Internal Theater Lighting — allows you to upgrade or service your system in a lighted environment, with both hands free.
Includes liquid cooled CPUs with a maintentance-free radiator. Internal chassis fans include an HDD and GPU chassis fan.
AlienFX® — Choose from up to 160,000 lighting color combinations across 4 user-customizable zones and 20 color swatches.
Toolless hard drives. Easily accessible and labeled for future upgrades.
User-friendly component layout for quick access to main system components.