Lead the charge.
Alienware’s most powerful MicroATX desktop, Aurora delivers strategic component layout, maximizing internal cooling and upgradeability for high performance.
An incredible gaming experienceThe feature-packed Alienware Aurora delivers extreme performance for gamers and power users with its exclusive and innovative chassis boasting advanced thermal management, CPU liquid cooling and an easy-to-upgrade design. With the optional ALX chassis, you'll get the Aurora's unique Active Venting technology, a premium CPU liquid cooling solution, cable-free, tool-less hard drive bays and internal theater lighting for even easier upgrades.
Go beyond the limitsThe Aurora is now available with the latest Intel® Core™ i7 processors including an Extreme Edition option, processors with as many as 6 cores and 15MB of cache and overclock speeds up to 4.3GHz with Turbo Boost technology. These new options are part of Intel’s new IvyBridge-E 4000 series family of processors. With more cores, almost double the cache of previous generation Haswell processors and quad-channel DDR3 memory, you'll tear through your most demanding games and applications at lightning-fast speeds.
Key Features of IvyBridge-E Family of Intel® Core™ i7 4000-series processors:
Win the battle against heat
Find Out More
High-performance CPU liquid cooling
- Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.2Ghz
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (Quad core, 10MB Cache) Overclocked up to X.XGHz
- Intel® Core™ i7-3820 (10MB Cache, Overclocked Turbo Boost to X.XXGHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 3.9Ghz
- Intel® Core™ i7-3960X (Six Core Extreme, 15MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.0Ghz
- 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3970x (15M Cache, Overclocked up to 4.3 GHz)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1GHz w/TurboBoost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4820K (4-cores, 10MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.2 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4930K processor (6-cores, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.1 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4960X Extreme Processor (6-cores, 15MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.3GHz w/TurboBoost)
- Windows 7 Professional, 64Bit, English
- Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
- Windows 7 Ultimate, 64Bit, English
- Windows 8, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit, English
- Single Optical Disc Drive Options
24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW) (Standard)
Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
8X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
Dual Optical Disc Drive Options
Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW) and 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
8X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW) and 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
- 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 555
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 192-bit with 1.5GB GDDR5
- 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 Ti with 2GB GDDR5
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 graphics with 3GB total (2x 1.5GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8950 with 3GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 with 2GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 with 3GB GDDR5
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 Ti with 2GB GDDR5
- Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 670
- Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 – NVIDIA SLI®
- 4GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 690
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770 graphics with 4GB total (2x 2GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- AMD Radeon HD 8990 6GB GDDR5 - Dual GPU Card
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 780 graphics with 6GB total (2x 3GB) GDDR5 - NVIDIA SLI® Enabled
- No Wireless Included
- Dell Wireless 1540 802.11a/n Dual Band, High Speed Wi-Fi
- Internal High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio with Waves MAXX Audio Software (Standard)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (Optional)
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium (Optional)
- Front I/O Ports
(2x) Hi-Speed USB 2.0
(1x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0
(1x) Microphone In
(1x) Headphone/Speaker Out
(1x) 19-in-1 Media Card Reader (Optional)
Rear I/O Ports
(1x) RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet
(4x) Hi-Speed USB 2.0
(1x) SuperSpeed USB 3.0
(1x) Microphone In
(1x) Front Left/Right Speakers
(1x) Center Speaker
(1x) Rear Left/Right Speakers
(1x) Side Left/Right Speakers
(1x) SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK)
(1x) SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)
- 19-in-1 Media Card Reader
- Internal Expansion Slots
(2x) PCI-Express x16 (electrical spec: x16/x16)
(2x) PCI-Express x1
4x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots
- Alienware™ 875 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Motherboard and Chassis Form Factor
MicroATX Motherboard, Mid-Tower Chassis
Matte Stealth Black
Height: 16.77" - (426mm)
Depth: 25.39" - (645mm)
Width: 9.847" - (250mm)
Average Weight: 45lbs - (20.41 Kg.)
Optional "ALX Chassis" Features
Alienware Active Venting (Height with top vents open: 17.59" (447mm))
Enhanced AlienFX™ System Lighting - 8 Lighting Zones
Slide-in, tool-less, and cable-free hard drive bays
Internal Theater Lighting
Operating System Options
Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Windows® 7 Professional (64-bit)
Windows® 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
Alienware Command Center
Software Personalization Options
AlienFX™ System Colors
Cyberlink PowerDVD 3D is included on all systems equipped with Blu-ray drives
Processor and Core Architecture
Alienware™ High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling
Intel® X79 Express Chipset w/ Unlocked BIOS for Overclocking, CPU Socket 2011
Recyclable Packaging Material Details
Alienware desktop packaging is made from 68% recyclable products.
Internal shock absorbing structures are made of 100% recyclable high-density polyethylene.
The materials used to make these structures come from 100% household post-consumer bottles.
Alienware Aurora direct packaging dimensions
34.13" x 17.63" x 26.0" (866.90mm x 447.80mm x 660.4mm)
Alienware Aurora R4 Gaming Desktop
Explore your Alienware Aurora chassis and performance options
The Alienware™ Aurora™ is a high-performance machine engineered for gaming and entertainment excellence. No matter which chassis option you choose — standard or ALX — you’ll enjoy pure entertainment power that’s sure to blow you away.
Exclusive ALX Chassis Benefits
Active Venting — thermal controls allow you to increase airflow through specially designed, interactive vents along the top of the chassis.
Enhanced AlienFX® — Choose from over 25 billion lighting color combinations across 8 user-customizable zones and 20 color swatches.
Toolless, Cable-free, Slide-in Hard Drive Caddies — allows for easy component upgrades as you enhance your technology.
A/C Power-Independent Internal Theater Lighting — allows you to upgrade or service your system in a lighted environment, with both hands free.
Includes liquid cooled CPUs with a maintentance-free radiator. Internal chassis fans include an HDD and GPU chassis fan.
AlienFX® — Choose from up to 160,000 lighting color combinations across 4 user-customizable zones and 20 color swatches.
Toolless hard drives. Easily accessible and labeled for future upgrades.
User-friendly component layout for quick access to main system components.