24-port, 8Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
Small- to medium-sized enterprises seeking a 48-port switch that offers incredible value, flexible management capabilities and energy-efficient power savings.
Call for Pricing
Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports, universal (E, F, M, FL or N)
- Full-fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 6000 active nodes; single fabric up to 56 switches, 19 hops; larger fabrics certified as required.
- All Brocade switches
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex. Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed-matching between 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec ports.
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8 Gbit/sec ports per ISL trunk with optional license; up to 68 Gbit/sec per ISL trunk (8 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec [line rate])
- 408 Gbit/sec: 24 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec (line rate) × 2 (full duplex)
- 700 nanoseconds with no contention, cut-through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); N_Port if using Access Gateway feature
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast, multicast (255 groups), and broadcast
- 4 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable,Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; 4 Gbit/sec Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL)
8 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL); distance depends on fiber-optic cable; 8 Gbit/sec Extended Long-Wavelength Laser (ELWL).
- Simple Name Server (SNS); Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), NTP v3, Reliable Commit Service (RCS), Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning), NPIV, FDMI, Management Server, FSPF, Fabric Watch; ISL Trunking; Advanced Performance Monitoring, Adaptive Networking (per-data flow QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, fabric dynamics profiling, application “Top Talkers” report), Enhanced Group Management, Integrated Routing, IPFC
- Rack-mount rail kits (fixed, slide, mid-mount)
- Telnet®, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog, Change, Management tracking; EZSwitchSetup wizard; Brocade Advanced Web Tools; Brocade EFCM Standard/Enterprise 9.x (optional); Brocade Fabric Manager (optional: FOS environments (only); SMI-S compliant, SMI-S scripting toolkit, Administrative Domains; trial licenses for select add on capabilities.
10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45), in-band over Fibre Channel; serial port (RJ-45); USB; call-home integration enabled through Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAS trace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port).
- Rack Size 1U
Width 42.88 cm (16.88 in)
Height 4.29 cm (1.69 in)
Depth 30.66 cm (12.07 in)
Weight 4.2 kg (9.3 lb) with single power supply, no SFP
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10 to 85 percent non-condensing
Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9,842 feet)
Storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
Operating: 20 g, 6 ms half-sine
Non-operating: Half sine, 33 g 11 ms, 3/eg Axis
Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
High speed: 23 CFM (cu. ft./min)
Low speed: 18 CFM
- Maximum output
System power consumption
57 Watts max (with 24 ports at 8Gbit/sec), 48 Watts nominal
Nominal input voltage
100 to 240 VAC, Universal
Input line frequency
47 to 63 Hz
Minimum input voltage
Maximum input voltage
BTU rating (80% efficiency)
21.5 Amps @ 240Vac
- The 300 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
HighlightsBrocade 300 — 24-Port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switches for entry and midrange Enterprise SANs
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec in 1U
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2-, 4-, or 8-Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Utilizes extended distance support to enable native Fibre Channel extension greater than 590 km
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 8 to 16 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1-, 2- and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec Small Form-Factor Pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which can make SAN configuration a simple 3-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Features an easy-to-use, non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform that is designed to eliminate time wasted on managing ports and cables
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Offers dual functionality as a full fabric FC SAN switch or as a Brocade Access Gateway, providing seamless connectivity into any vendor SAN environment
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (Watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches — further reducing power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
SupportDell offers a variety of onsite and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
AssessmentsUsing specialized software, Dell professionals can pinpoint issues and expose flaws in your wired or wireless network. A report will then be issued that includes recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and solutions to other identified problems.
|Network Topology Assessment|
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed network evaluation to expose design flaws and give you advice on how to architect the future.
|Network Performance Assessment|
Network running slow? We’ll conduct an in-depth analysis to uncover network latency and performance issues of specific servers and applications.
|Wireless Site Survey|
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze RF interference, identify optimal placement of devices, and recommend the best design.
|Network Security Assessment |
The network is under constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover any potential holes in the network and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Dell Enterprise Deployment ServicesProDeploy Enterprise Suite* offers a full range of deployment services and professional certifications to help you get more out of your technology starting on day one. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Let Dell install it for you so you know it’s done right.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network professionals can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite.
Dell open systems architecture allows you to interconnect existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper, and others. Our experts will seamlessly weave it all together so you don’t have to.
ConsultingWhen you need expert technical guidance, you can count on Dell. Our remote consulting team can help solve complex issues no matter where you're located. Plus, you can take advantage of the flexible pay-per-incident option.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements. Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|