24-port, 8Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
Small- to medium-sized enterprises seeking a 48-port switch that offers incredible value, flexible management capabilities and energy-efficient power savings.
HighlightsBrocade 300 — 24-Port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switches for entry and midrange Enterprise SANs
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 408 Gbit/sec in 1U
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2-, 4-, or 8-Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Utilizes extended distance support to enable native Fibre Channel extension greater than 590 km
- Combines up to 24 ports of industry-leading 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 8 to 16 to 24 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1-, 2- and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec Small Form-Factor Pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, which can make SAN configuration a simple 3-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Features an easy-to-use, non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform that is designed to eliminate time wasted on managing ports and cables
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Offers dual functionality as a full fabric FC SAN switch or as a Brocade Access Gateway, providing seamless connectivity into any vendor SAN environment
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (Watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches — further reducing power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
Fibre Channel ports
- 24 ports, universal (E, F, M, FL or N)
- Full-fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 6000 active nodes; single fabric up to 56 switches, 19 hops; larger fabrics certified as required.
- All Brocade switches
- 1.063 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 2.125 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex. Auto-sensing of 1 Gbit/sec, 2 Gbit/sec, 4 Gbit/sec, and 8 Gbit/sec port speeds; optionally programmable to fixed port speed. Speed-matching between 1, 2, 4, and 8 Gbit/sec ports.
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 8 Gbit/sec ports per ISL trunk with optional license; up to 68 Gbit/sec per ISL trunk (8 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec [line rate])
- 408 Gbit/sec: 24 ports × 8.5 Gbit/sec (line rate) × 2 (full duplex)
- 700 nanoseconds with no contention, cut-through routing at 8 Gbit/sec
Maximum frame size
- 2112-byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- FL_Port, F_Port, E_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), and self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); N_Port if using Access Gateway feature
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast, multicast (255 groups), and broadcast
- 4 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable,Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP), LC connector; 4 Gbit/sec Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL)
8 Gbit/sec: Requires Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; Short-Wavelength Laser (SWL); distance depends on fiber-optic cable; 8 Gbit/sec Extended Long-Wavelength Laser (ELWL).
- Simple Name Server (SNS); Registered State Change Notification (RSCN), NTP v3, Reliable Commit Service (RCS), Dynamic Path Selection (DPS), Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning), NPIV, FDMI, Management Server, FSPF, Fabric Watch; ISL Trunking; Advanced Performance Monitoring, Adaptive Networking (per-data flow QoS, Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, fabric dynamics profiling, application “Top Talkers” report), Enhanced Group Management, Integrated Routing, IPFC
- Rack-mount rail kits (fixed, slide, mid-mount)
- Telnet®, HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB); Auditing, Syslog, Change, Management tracking; EZSwitchSetup wizard; Brocade Advanced Web Tools; Brocade EFCM Standard/Enterprise 9.x (optional); Brocade Fabric Manager (optional: FOS environments (only); SMI-S compliant, SMI-S scripting toolkit, Administrative Domains; trial licenses for select add on capabilities.
10/100 Ethernet (RJ-45), in-band over Fibre Channel; serial port (RJ-45); USB; call-home integration enabled through Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager
- POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including RAS trace logging, environmental monitoring, non-disruptive daemon restart, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), port mirroring (SPAN port).
- Rack Size 1U
Width 42.88 cm (16.88 in)
Height 4.29 cm (1.69 in)
Depth 30.66 cm (12.07 in)
Weight 4.2 kg (9.3 lb) with single power supply, no SFP
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-Operating: -25°C to 70°C (-13°F to 158°F)
Operating: 10 to 85 percent non-condensing
Operating: Up to 3000 meters (9,842 feet)
Storage: Up to 12 kilometers (39,370 feet)
Operating: 20 g, 6 ms half-sine
Non-operating: Half sine, 33 g 11 ms, 3/eg Axis
Operating: 0.5 g sine, 0.4 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g sine, 1.1 grms random, 5 to 500 Hz
High speed: 23 CFM (cu. ft./min)
Low speed: 18 CFM
- Maximum output
System power consumption
57 Watts max (with 24 ports at 8Gbit/sec), 48 Watts nominal
Nominal input voltage
100 to 240 VAC, Universal
Input line frequency
47 to 63 Hz
Minimum input voltage
Maximum input voltage
BTU rating (80% efficiency)
21.5 Amps @ 240Vac
- The 300 complies with the following safety certifications:
United States Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ANSI C63.4
Canada Bi-Nat UL/CSA 60950-1 1st Ed or latest; ICES-003 Class A
Japan CISPR22 and JEIDA (Harmonics)
European Community EN60950-1 or latest EN55022 and EN55024
Australia/New Zealand -- EN55022 or CISPR22 or AS/NZS CISPR22
Argentina IEC60950-1 or latest
Russian Federation IEC60950-1 or latest 51318.22-99 and 51318.24.99 or latest
Korea KN22 and KN24
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Introducing Dell ProSupport
Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport™ starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell expert centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, helping to protect your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing excellent proactive support services that can reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site service* or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell's proven critical situation response process and emergency dispatch.||Keep Your Hard Drive* — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-wide Contract — Provides excellent proactive capabilities through: |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, virtualization and more.
|Customization and setup|
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Some key challenges facing IT departments today include simplifying operations, planning and building for scalability and improving utilization of their existing systems. Dell’s Infrastructure Consulting Services suite is organized into focused practice areas that signify the intersection of these common customer challenges and our domain expertise — including systems management, messaging, databases, virtualization/consolidation and storage.
Go from factory to deployment with Dell storage installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allow you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and helps reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage consolidation helps you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership.
SAN implementation services
This service includes planning, design, configuration, project management and implementation of Dell/EMC storage arrays (DAS and SAN). This service is available for Dell/EMC storage system solutions only and is not currently available for Dell PowerVault™ or (non-Dell) EMC storage array solutions.
Backup and recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Asset Recovery and Recycling Services
Proper disposal, reselling and donation of computer equipment is a time-consuming task that typically falls to the bottom of many IT to-do lists. Dell helps simplify the end-of-life processes for IT equipment in a way that can maximize value for your organization.
Add a host
Dell provides for the design and implementation of a single Dell PowerEdge™ server or Dell PowerVault™ NAS (with approved operating system versions) as an additional host into an existing SAN or DAS solution.
Add a JBOD
Dell provides for the basic design, installation and implementation of a single Dell enclosure as additional storage into an existing Dell PowerVault™ Storage Area Network (SAN) or Direct Attach Storage (DAS) solution.
Dell Storage online training course
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services, which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity and reduce end-user requests and downtime.