80-port, 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
The Brocade® 5300 switch is designed to consolidate connectivity in rapidly growing mission-critical environments — combining 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gb/s technology in configurations of 48, 64 or 80 ports in an efficiently designed 2U package.
The combination of density, performance and 'pay-as-you-grow' scalability can increase server and storage utilization while reducing complexity for virtualized servers and storage. The evolutionary design makes the Brocade 5300 very efficient in power, cooling and rack density to help enable medium- and large-scale server and storage consolidation.
The Brocade 5300 also includes Adaptive Networking capabilities, which are designed to manage resources more efficiently in highly consolidated environments while providing high service levels to data-center applications.
HighlightsThe Brocade 5300 is an 80-port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch for entry and midrange enterprise storage area networks (SANs).
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 1360 Gbit/sec
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2, 4 or 8 Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Offers Adaptive Networking services, including Adaptive fabric quality of service (QoS), traffic isolation and ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in virtual environments
- Combines up to 80 ports of industry-leading, 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 48 to 64 to 80 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Provides integrated, per-port routing for increased scalability, interoperability and fault isolation
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1, 2,and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec small form-factor pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Delivers 80 ports in a single domain, 2U package, helping to maximize port density while simplifying management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, making SAN configuration a simple three-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Meets high-availability requirements with redundant, hot-pluggable components, nondisruptive software upgrades and hot code activation for a wide range of SAN configurations
- Employs familiar Brocade software and management interfaces, including Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager, simplifying management and reducing training costs
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches, further helping to reduce power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
- Includes a USB port that helps provide increased serviceability and error logging functionality by facilitating easy firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Offers Top Talkers, which monitors resources and can assist in finding hot spots to help increase resource utilization
- Utilizes ISL Trunking and dynamic path selection, traffic can be distributed across ISLs in the SAN, which helps to increase utilization of the SAN and reduce costs
AssessmentsNetwork assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Support and EducationDell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingDell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
Available Remote Consulting Services
- Access Distribution Networking
- Gateway and Security
- Microsoft Exchange
- Wireless Networking
- Systems Management
- Core Layer/MPLS Networking
- Data Protection and Recovery
- Storage Area Networking (SAN)
- Storage Technologies