80-port, 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
The Brocade® 5300 switch is designed to consolidate connectivity in rapidly growing mission-critical environments — combining 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gb/s technology in configurations of 48, 64 or 80 ports in an efficiently designed 2U package.
The combination of density, performance and 'pay-as-you-grow' scalability can increase server and storage utilization while reducing complexity for virtualized servers and storage. The evolutionary design makes the Brocade 5300 very efficient in power, cooling and rack density to help enable medium- and large-scale server and storage consolidation.
The Brocade 5300 also includes Adaptive Networking capabilities, which are designed to manage resources more efficiently in highly consolidated environments while providing high service levels to data-center applications.
HighlightsThe Brocade 5300 is an 80-port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch for entry and midrange enterprise storage area networks (SANs).
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 1360 Gbit/sec
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2, 4 or 8 Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Offers Adaptive Networking services, including Adaptive fabric quality of service (QoS), traffic isolation and ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in virtual environments
- Combines up to 80 ports of industry-leading, 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 48 to 64 to 80 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Provides integrated, per-port routing for increased scalability, interoperability and fault isolation
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1, 2,and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec small form-factor pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Delivers 80 ports in a single domain, 2U package, helping to maximize port density while simplifying management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, making SAN configuration a simple three-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Meets high-availability requirements with redundant, hot-pluggable components, nondisruptive software upgrades and hot code activation for a wide range of SAN configurations
- Employs familiar Brocade software and management interfaces, including Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager, simplifying management and reducing training costs
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches, further helping to reduce power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
- Includes a USB port that helps provide increased serviceability and error logging functionality by facilitating easy firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Offers Top Talkers, which monitors resources and can assist in finding hot spots to help increase resource utilization
- Utilizes ISL Trunking and dynamic path selection, traffic can be distributed across ISLs in the SAN, which helps to increase utilization of the SAN and reduce costs
AssessmentsUsing specialized software, Dell professionals can pinpoint issues and expose flaws in your wired or wireless network. A report will then be issued that includes recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and solutions to other identified problems.
|Network Topology Assessment|
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed network evaluation to expose design flaws and give you advice on how to architect the future.
|Network Performance Assessment|
Network running slow? We’ll conduct an in-depth analysis to uncover network latency and performance issues of specific servers and applications.
|Wireless Site Survey|
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze RF interference, identify optimal placement of devices, and recommend the best design.
|Network Security Assessment |
The network is under constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover any potential holes in the network and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that set-up and optimization is done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Let Dell install it for you so you know it’s done right.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network professionals can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite.
Dell open systems architecture allows you to interconnect existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper, and others. Our experts will seamlessly weave it all together so you don’t have to.
SupportDell offers a variety of onsite and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingWhen you need expert technical guidance, you can count on Dell. Our remote consulting team can help solve complex issues no matter where you're located. Plus, you can take advantage of the flexible pay-per-incident option.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements. Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|