80-port, 8 Gb/s Fibre Channel switch
The Brocade® 5300 switch is designed to consolidate connectivity in rapidly growing mission-critical environments — combining 1, 2, 4 and 8 Gb/s technology in configurations of 48, 64 or 80 ports in an efficiently designed 2U package.
The combination of density, performance and 'pay-as-you-grow' scalability can increase server and storage utilization while reducing complexity for virtualized servers and storage. The evolutionary design makes the Brocade 5300 very efficient in power, cooling and rack density to help enable medium- and large-scale server and storage consolidation.
The Brocade 5300 also includes Adaptive Networking capabilities, which are designed to manage resources more efficiently in highly consolidated environments while providing high service levels to data-center applications.
HighlightsThe Brocade 5300 is an 80-port, 8-Gbit/sec Fibre Channel switch for entry and midrange enterprise storage area networks (SANs).
Fast, Reliable 8-Gbit/sec Performance
- Non-blocking and non-oversubscribed platform with a total bandwidth of 1360 Gbit/sec
- Designed to increase network performance with enhanced Brocade Inter-Switch Link (ISL) Trunking, which allows up to eight ports (at 2, 4 or 8 Gbit/sec speeds) between a pair of switches to be combined to form a single, logical ISL with a speed up to 64 Gbit/sec
- Offers Adaptive Networking services, including Adaptive fabric quality of service (QoS), traffic isolation and ingress rate limiting, enabling organizations to maintain optimized application performance in virtual environments
- Combines up to 80 ports of industry-leading, 8-Gbit/sec technology with Ports on Demand scaling from 48 to 64 to 80 ports, allowing “pay-as-you-grow” scalability
- Provides integrated, per-port routing for increased scalability, interoperability and fault isolation
- Helps protect existing investments by providing 8-Gbit/sec technology with auto-sensing capabilities to also recognize 1, 2,and 4-Gbit/sec devices
- Designed to future-proof investments by allowing organizations to use 4-Gbit/sec small form-factor pluggables (SFPs) today and upgrade to 8-Gbit/sec SFPs when required
Simple Deployment and Management
- Delivers 80 ports in a single domain, 2U package, helping to maximize port density while simplifying management
- Utilizes the Brocade EZSwitchSetup wizard, making SAN configuration a simple three-step point-and-click task
- Includes a USB port that can increase serviceability and error logging by facilitating firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Meets high-availability requirements with redundant, hot-pluggable components, nondisruptive software upgrades and hot code activation for a wide range of SAN configurations
- Employs familiar Brocade software and management interfaces, including Brocade EFCM and Brocade Fabric Manager, simplifying management and reducing training costs
Excellent Value for a Variety of SAN Environments
- Designed to provide a greater than 40 percent power efficiency improvement (watts/Gbit) over the previous generation of Brocade switches, further helping to reduce power consumption and the overall cooling burden in a data center
- Includes a USB port that helps provide increased serviceability and error logging functionality by facilitating easy firmware upgrades and downloads of system log files
- Offers Top Talkers, which monitors resources and can assist in finding hot spots to help increase resource utilization
- Utilizes ISL Trunking and dynamic path selection, traffic can be distributed across ISLs in the SAN, which helps to increase utilization of the SAN and reduce costs
Introducing Dell ProSupport
Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport™ starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell expert centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, helping to protect your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing excellent proactive support services that can reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site service* or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell's proven critical situation response process and emergency dispatch.||Keep Your Hard Drive* — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-wide Contract — Provides excellent proactive capabilities through: |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, virtualization and more.
|Customization and setup|
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Some key challenges facing IT departments today include simplifying operations, planning and building for scalability and improving utilization of their existing systems. Dell’s Infrastructure Consulting Services suite is organized into focused practice areas that signify the intersection of these common customer challenges and our domain expertise — including systems management, messaging, databases, virtualization/consolidation and storage.
Go from factory to deployment with Dell storage installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allow you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and helps reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage consolidation helps you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership.
SAN implementation services
This service includes planning, design, configuration, project management and implementation of Dell/EMC storage arrays (DAS and SAN). This service is available for Dell/EMC storage system solutions only and is not currently available for Dell PowerVault™ or (non-Dell) EMC storage array solutions.
Backup and recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Asset Recovery and Recycling Services
Proper disposal, reselling and donation of computer equipment is a time-consuming task that typically falls to the bottom of many IT to-do lists. Dell helps simplify the end-of-life processes for IT equipment in a way that can maximize value for your organization.
Add a host
Dell provides for the design and implementation of a single Dell PowerEdge™ server or Dell PowerVault™ NAS (with approved operating system versions) as an additional host into an existing SAN or DAS solution.
Add a JBOD
Dell provides for the basic design, installation and implementation of a single Dell enclosure as additional storage into an existing Dell PowerVault™ Storage Area Network (SAN) or Direct Attach Storage (DAS) solution.
Dell Storage online training course
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services, which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity and reduce end-user requests and downtime.