Purpose-built nonstop networking
Enhance scale-out network design for high-performance virtualization and I/O-intensive applications with the Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone®
Gain the network performance you need for next-generation workloads with Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone, purpose-built for nonstop networking and scalable for private clouds.
Experience nonstop connectivity designed to provide efficient and reliable end-to-end SAN communications.
Confirm uninterrupted network service with dynamic fabric provisioning.
- Helps eliminate fabric reconfiguration when adding or replacing servers.
- Reduces the need for zone modification and logical unit number (LUN) masking.
- Allows devices to be moved within a switch, such as migrating virtual World Wide Names (WWNs), with a simple move command.
- Identify and isolate optics and cable problems faster.
- Non-intrusively verify transceiver and cable health through electrical and optical tests, cable health checks, digital diagnostics and more.
Keep up with dynamic business demands through an established foundation of scalability and reliability that efficiently enables private cloud deployments as well as virtualized data centers.
Enhance the scale-out, shared-storage network design to meet the requirements for cloud storage, including:
- A flat network topology that connects every chassis to each other without using routers.
- Any-to-any connectivity where any node can send or receive traffic to or from any other node within the network through a single interface.
- Low-latency interconnects for fast communication with minimal delay.
- New inline port diagnostics and advanced monitoring that accelerates deployment and helps improve troubleshooting efficiency.
- Network advisor, which helps centralize server connectivity and resources management.
- Fabric-wide power monitoring that supports energy-efficient operations.
- DCX 8510-4, with up to 192@16Gbps ports, for large enterprise edge, midsize enterprise fabric cores or application engines.
- DCX 8510-8, with up to 384@16Gbps ports, for large enterprise fabric cores.
Build state-of-the-art speed and reliability into your SAN infrastructure with the Brocade DCX 8510 Backbone, designed to maximize application and storage performance for I/O- and bandwidth-intensive applications.
- Up to 8.2Tbps total chassis bandwidth provides as much as twice the bandwidth of competitive solutions.
- Provides up to 384@16Gbps ports that deliver about 40 percent more performance per port than 10GbE SANs1.
- 512Gbps slot bandwidth helps minimize oversubscription, enhancing the number of available line-rate ports and enabling higher service-level agreements (SLAs).
Fibre Channel ports
- Single chassis: Up to 384 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 192 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 16 Gbps universal (E, F, D, M, and EX) Fibre Channel ports using up to eight 32-, or 48-port Fibre Channel blades. Up to 512 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 256 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 8 Gbps universal (E, F, D, M, and EX) Fibre Channel ports using 64-port 8 Gbps Fibre Channel blades.
Multi-chassis: Up to 2304 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 960 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 16 Gbps universal Fibre Channel ports; up to 3072 (Brocade DCX 8510-8) or 1280 (Brocade DCX 8510-4) 8 Gbps universal Fibre Channel ports; ICL ports (32 or 16 per chassis, optical QSFP) connect up to six Brocade DCX 8510 chassis.
- Fibre Channel: Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
DCB/CEE: 2.125 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 4.25 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 8.5 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 10.53 Gbps line speed, full duplex; 14.025 Gbps line speed, full duplex
Maximum frame size: 2112-byte payload
- Frame-based trunking with up to eight 16 Gbps ports per ISL trunk; up to 128 Gbps per ISL trunkExchange-based load balancing across ISLs with DPS included in Brocade Fabric OS
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- D_Port (Diagnostic Port), E_Port, EX_Port, F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port); self-discovery based on switch type (U_Port); optional port type control
- 16 Gbps: Brocade FC16-32 and -48 require Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; 16 Gbps SWL, LWL
8 Gbps: Brocade FC16-32 and -48; Brocade FX8-24; and Brocade FS8-18 blades require Brocade hot-pluggable SFP+, LC connector; 8 Gbps SWL, LWL, ELWL
8 Gbps: Brocade FC8-64 blades require Brocade hot-pluggable mSFP, mSFP LC connector; 8 Gbps SWL only
ICL QSFP: Brocade CR16-8 and CR16-4 require Brocade hot-pluggable QSFP, MTP connector; 4×16 Gbps SWL
Note: Fibre Channel distance subject to fiber-optic cable and port speed
- Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring (APM) (including Top Talkers for E_Ports, F_Ports, and Fabric mode); Brocade Adaptive Networking (Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, QoS); Bottleneck Detection; Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning); Dynamic Fabric Provisioning (DFP); Dynamic Path Selection (DPS); Brocade Extended Fabrics; Enhanced BB credit recovery; Brocade Fabric Watch; FDMI; Frame Redirection; Frame-based Trunking; FSPF; Integrated Routing; IPoFC; Brocade ISL Trunking; Management Server; NPIV; NTP v3; Port Fencing; Registered State Change Notification (RSCN); Reliable Commit Service (RCS); Brocade Server Application Optimization (SAO); Simple Name Server (SNS); Virtual Fabrics (Logical Switch, Logical Fabric
- Management software
HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB), SSH; Auditing, Syslog; Brocade Advanced Web Tools, Brocade APM, Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade Network Advisor SAN Enterprise (Brocade DCX 8510-8, Brocade DCX 8510-4) or Brocade Network Advisor SAN Professional/Professional Plus (Brocade DCX 8510-4 only); Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S compliant; Administrative Domains; trial licenses for add-on capabilities
10/100/1000 Ethernet (RJ-45) per control processor, in-band over Fibre Channel; serial port (RJ-45) and one USB per control processor module; call-home integration enabled through Brocade Network Advisor
D_Port offline diagnostics, including electrical/optical loopback, link traffic/latency/distance; POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including environmental monitoring, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), frame viewer, non-disruptive daemon restart port mirroring (SPAN port), optics health monitoring, power monitoring (16 Gbps blades-only), RAStrace logging, and Rolling Reboot Detection (RRD)
1 USB port per control processor for firmware download, support save, and configuration upload/download
Rear panel-to-door airflow; Brocade DCX 8510-4 ships with 1U exhaust shelf
Brocade DCX 8510-8
Width: 43.74 cm (17.22 in.)
Height: 61.24 cm (24.11 in., 14U)
Depth (without door): 61.19 cm (24.09 in.)
Depth (with door): 73.20 cm (28.82 in.)
Width: 43.74 cm (17.22 in.)
Height: 35.00 cm (13.78 in., 8U) plus 4.37 cm exhaust shelf (1.72 in, 1U)
Depth without door: 61.19 cm (24.09 in.)
Depth with door: 73.20 cm (28.82 in.)
Brocade DCX 8510-8
103.50 kg (228.20 lb) for 384-port configuration fully populated
39.55 kg (82.20 lb) for chassis
68.04 kg (150.00 lb) for 192-port configuration fully populated
25.76 kg (56.80 lb) for chassis
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
Non-operating: –25°C to 70°C (–13°F to 158°F)
Operating: 20% to 85% RH non-condensing at 40°C (104°F)
Non-operating and storage (non-condensing): 10% to 93% at 70°C (158°F)
Up to 3000 meters (9842 feet)
Operating: 20 g, 6 ms, half sine
Non-operating: 33 g, 11 ms, half sine
Operating: 0.5 g p-p, 5 to 500 Hz
Non-operating: 2.0 g p-p, 5 to 500 Hz
Brocade DCX 8510-8 7.8 metric tonnes per year (with 384 ports at 0.42 kg/kWh)
0.95 kg per Gbps per year
4.3 metric tonnes per year (with 256 ports at 0.42 kg/kWh)
1.04 kg per Gbps per year
Maximum: 42 CFM
Nominal (65% speed): 35 CFM
Brocade DCX 8510-8
Min: 32-port configuration (no QSFP), 873 W, 2982 BTU/hr
Max: 384-port configuration (fully-loaded w/QSFPs), 2242 W, 7654 BTU/hr
Min: 32-port configuration (no QSFP), 618 W, 2111 BTU/hr
Max: 192-port configuration (fully-loaded w/QSFPs), 1195 W, 4078 BTU/hr
- Maximum: 350 watts
Consumption: 306 watts
85 to 132 VAC: 1000 W
180 to 264 VAC: 2000 W
Input line frequency: 47 to 63 Hz (Nominal: 50-60 HZ)
Inrush current: 60 Amps maximum, peak
Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 24x7? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with fast-track dispatch, along with 24x7 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Dell ProSupport for end users
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support for your employees
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
Designed for organizations with dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell expert centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell's Global Command Centers
Basic hardware warranty*
- 3-year Next Business Day part or unit hardware replacement
- Telephone support services, which provide troubleshooting during local business hours excluding local national holidays
Customization and setup
- Installation — Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
- Maintenance — You can upgrade to three years of part or unit hardware replacement, with either same-day, four-hour or Next Business Day response.