Industry-leading 16 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity
Add 16 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity across servers, storage and SAN as needed, without increasing your data center footprint.
Call for Pricing
Fibre Channel ports
- Switch mode: 12- and 24-port configurations (12-port increment through Ports on Demand [PoD] license); universal (E, F, M, D) ports
- Full fabric architecture with 239 switches maximum
- 6000 active nodes; 56 switches, 19 hops in Brocade Fabric OS® fabrics; 31 switches, three hops in Brocade M-EOS fabrics; larger fabrics certified as required
- Brocade 3XXX, 4XXX, 5XXX, and 6XXX switches; Brocade DCX® and Brocade DCX 8510 Backbones Access Gateway mode supports Brocade, McDATA, and Cisco fabrics
- Auto-sensing of 2, 4, 8, and 16 Gbps port speeds
- Up to eight 16 Gbps ports per ISL trunk; up to 128 Gbps per ISL trunk. There is no limit to how many trunk groups can be configured in the switch
- 384 Gbps end-to-end, full duplex
- Latency for locally switched ports is 700 ns; Forward Error Correction (FEC) adds 400 ns between E_Ports (enabled by default)
Maximum frame size
- Maximum frame size: 2112 byte payload
Classes of Service
- Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames)
- Scaling from 12 to 24 ports using Ports on Demand (PoD) capabilities
Data Traffic Types
- Fabric switches supporting unicast
- Requires Brocade hot-pluggable, Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+), LC connector; Short-Wavelength (SWL), Long-Wavelength (LWL); Extended Long-Wavelength (ELWL); distance depends on fiber optic cable and port speed. Supports SFP+ (8 and 16 Gbps) optical transceivers.
- Brocade Advanced Performance Monitoring (including Top Talkers for E_Ports, F_Ports, and Fabric mode); Brocade Adaptive Networking (Ingress Rate Limiting, Traffic Isolation, QoS); Bottleneck Detection; Brocade Advanced Zoning (default zoning, port/WWN zoning, broadcast zoning); Dynamic Fabric Provisioning (DFP); Dynamic Path Selection (DPS); Brocade Extended Fabrics; Enhanced BB credit recovery; Brocade Fabric Watch; FDMI; Frame Redirection; Frame-based Trunking; FSPF; IPoFC; Brocade ISL Trunking; Management Server; NPIV; NTP v3; Port Fencing; Registered State Change Notification (RSCN); Reliable Commit Service (RCS); Server Application Optimization (SAO); Simple Name Server (SNS)
- SFP media, Ports on Demand (12-port upgrade)Enterprise Performance Pack: ISL Trunking, Adaptive Networking, Advanced Performance Monitoring,Fabric Watch, and Extended Fabrics
- HTTP, SNMP v1/v3 (FE MIB, FC Management MIB), SSH; Auditing, Syslog; Brocade Advanced Web Tools, Advanced Performance Monitoring, Brocade Fabric Watch; Brocade Network Advisor SAN Enterprise or Brocade Network Advisor SAN Professional/Professional Plus; Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S compliant; Administrative Domains; trial licenses for add-on capabilities
- D_Port offline diagnostics, including electrical/optical loopback, link traffic/latency/distance; POST and embedded online/offline diagnostics, including environmental monitoring, FCping and Pathinfo (FC traceroute), frame viewer, non-disruptive daemon restart, port mirroring, optics health monitoring, power monitoring, RAStrace logging, and Rolling Reboot Detection (RRD)
- 272.75 x 272.75 x 307.24 mm (10.74 x 10.74 x 12.09 in.)
Environmental Operating Conditions
Operating temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC (32ºF to 104ºF) Nonoperating temperature: -20ºC to 70ºC (-4ºF to 158ºF) Operating altitude: Up to 3,048 m (10,000 ft) Storage altitude: Up to 10.668 km (35,000 ft) Operating relative humidity: 10% to 90% noncondensing Nonoperating relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
DC input 12V and 3.3V FOM chassis Power consumption 30W to 40W
AssessmentsUsing specialized software, Dell professionals can pinpoint issues and expose flaws in your wired or wireless network. A report will then be issued that includes recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and solutions to other identified problems.
|Network Topology Assessment|
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed network evaluation to expose design flaws and give you advice on how to architect the future.
|Network Performance Assessment|
Network running slow? We’ll conduct an in-depth analysis to uncover network latency and performance issues of specific servers and applications.
|Wireless Site Survey|
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze RF interference, identify optimal placement of devices, and recommend the best design.
|Network Security Assessment |
The network is under constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover any potential holes in the network and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
DeploymentThe Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that set-up and optimization is done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Let Dell install it for you so you know it’s done right.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network professionals can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite.
Dell open systems architecture allows you to interconnect existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper, and others. Our experts will seamlessly weave it all together so you don’t have to.
SupportDell offers a variety of onsite and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
ConsultingWhen you need expert technical guidance, you can count on Dell. Our remote consulting team can help solve complex issues no matter where you're located. Plus, you can take advantage of the flexible pay-per-incident option.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements. Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|