Keep the power on, even during an outage.
Protect your workstation or non-rack environment with this easy-to-manage Dell™ UPS sized for 500W-2700W environments.
- Simplified integration: With easy installation and a design that matches other Dell equipment, a Dell™ Tower UPS integrates easily with your servers and network equipment.
- Easy control: Every Dell UPS comes with power management software that enables a wide range of control options for your convenience.
- Industry-leading warranty: Enjoy a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty* on your UPS hardware and battery.
Easy to choose, use and afford
With precise power ratings, design flexibility and high levels of energy efficiency, there’s a Dell Tower UPS that’s ideal for your environment. Dell UPS combines leading power regulation technology with network support, environmental monitoring and leading virtualization integration, to offer a comprehensive IT solution.
Simplified power sizing
Up to 97 percent efficiency
Room to grow
Integrates seamlessly with your Dell equipmentDesigned to protect your data in the event of power loss, a Dell UPS can integrate easily with your existing Dell network and server infrastructures.
- Matching design
A bold, clean design can coordinate with the appearance of your Dell servers and workstations.
- Large on-unit display
Change control settings easily with a large, backlit LCD control panel offering the same color-coded system as Dell servers.
- Region-appropriate sockets
Customized sockets and back plates help ensure compatibility with your region’s power requirements.
- Extended battery life
Run for up to 19 minutes with the available External Battery Module (EBM)*.
- Easy selection
Choose the right UPS for your needs with the configurator on www.dellups.com
Simple to manage in any environmentMonitor your power consumption, power events, available battery runtime, alarm conditions and more with free software and a range of control options.
- Multi-UPS Management Console (MUMC) software
Monitor and configure multiple UPS systems across your network using a single interface.
- UPS Local Node Manager (ULNM) software
Tailor the shutdown of devices in a single-UPS environment using a simple online interface.
- Virtualization integration
Integrate with virtualized server environments, including popular platforms from VMware®, Microsoft®, Citrix®, OpenSource and Red Hat®.
Dell uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) provide battery backup power to ride through brief outages or to allow enough time for graceful shutdown of connected servers. This backup runtime can be extended with the use of optional External Battery Modules (EBMs). For example, an EBM extends battery runtime from 5 minutes to 11 minutes for a 4200W UPS, to 14 minutes for a 3750W UPS, and to 19 minutes for a 1920W, 2700W or 5600W UPS, assuming a 100 percent loaded UPS.*
Network Management Card
The Dell Network Management Card (NMC) hot plugs into the Dell UPS, connecting it to the IT network. For users with an SNMP-based infrastructure management system, the NMC also provides SNMP traps of power alarms and events.
UPS user settings can be made either through the NMC web interface (accessed through a web browser with the NMC IP address) or through the Dell UPS management software. Changes made in either location will be synchronized with the other to avoid conflicts.
The network management card provides additional functionality over USB:
- Full support for virtualized IT infrastructures
- Ability to send SMTP email alerts directly from the NMC without relying on UPS management software
- SNMP network alerts (supporting the RFC-1628 industry standard Management Information Bases (MIBs))
- Ability to schedule power up and power down of the UPS and associated server equipment
- Simplified ability to manage multiple UPS installations, including supervision across WAN (for example, for satellite offices)
Environmental Monitoring Probe
The optional Dell Environmental Monitoring Probe (EMP) enables you to remotely monitor the temperature, humidity and status of two contact devices through a standard web browser, providing a wide range of environmental and rack-level monitoring capabilities. These status readings can create user alerts and invoke graceful server shutdown at predetermined threshold limits.
Threshold settings and actions based on these thresholds can be set either in the Dell UPS management software or through the UPS NMC interface. Variables are reported directly into the UPS software and (optionally) across the network as SNMP traps.
The EMP is hot installable and can be positioned anywhere within a 19” rack or any flat surface in the IT environment. The EMP can be used with any Dell UPS equipped with a Dell NMC. A maximum of one (1) EMP can be connected to each Dell UPS.
Power Cable Kits
Power cable kits simplify installation for hardwired UPS models by converting them into input (mains) power cable units that can be placed in proximity to an appropriate power source and moved to a new location without the services of an electrician. Cable kits are available for most hardwired UPS models, and must be installed by qualified personnel.
Metered and Managed PDUs
Combined with Dell Power Distribution Units (PDUs), Dell UPS hardware enables you to deploy a Dell power protection and distribution scheme for a flexible, effective power strategy. Dell UPS hardware provides supervision of Dell metered and managed PDUs connected to a network via the on-board network port. Dell UPS MUMC software can discover and monitor Dell PDUs connected to the network. The UPS and PDUs can then transmit SNMP data via Ethernet to the OpenManage™ Power Center, which aggregates and displays that information.
Dell Multi-UPS Management Console (MUMC) software is designed to manage multiple UPS with attached server installations from a centralized client location. MUMC also directly manages virtualized systems, often without the need for an agent to be installed on the local hypervisor. This software can reduce the complexity and time required to manage system shutdown profiles and UPS settings across a network. Where virtualization is used, the MUMC can eliminate the need for command line programming and complex hypervisor integration with a simple and unique interaction with hypervisor management systems.
A complete set of capabilities is provided with MUMC. These include:
- The ability to monitor and manage multiple power and environmental devices from any internet browser or vCenter dashboard
- A user-definable tree structure enabling grouping, access and management of multiple devices across multiple locations
- The option to view groups or similar devices and all alerts from a single interface
- Auto discovery, providing fast installation by automatically detecting devices on the network
- A power device asset management that tracks moves, additions and changes of equipment
- Visible SNMP devices and individual web interfaces that are accessible for editing and configuration
- Multiple password-protected access levels and support to provide secure communications
- Helps avoid data loss by automatically shutting down computers and virtual machines/servers powered by a Dell UPS during an extended power outage
- Allows access through an easy-to-use interface from any PC with a web browser
- Acquires UPS information through local or network communication and can be easily deployed on many computers
- Can be remotely managed, configured and updated with the Dell Multi UPS Management software
- Communicates with the protected device directly (by USB) or through the Network Management Card
- Integration with popular virtualization platforms from VMware®, Microsoft®, Citrix®, OpenSource and Red Hat® to manage power to a virtualized environment
- Seamless integration with VMware® vCenter dashboard, support for remote shutdown of servers in clusters and the ability to shut down VMs in VMware® high-availability clusters
- Ability to trigger vCenter vMotion™ and SCVMM Live Migration™ applications to transparently move virtual machines from a server affected by a power interruption to a nonaffected server on the network, helping to maintain data integrity with no downtime
- XenCenter™ plugin
- Support for Metered and Managed Dell PDUs
- Support for multiple redundant UPS powering the same devices
- Support for Dell unique metrics (peak headroom, peak consumption)
- Support for Dell Environmental Monitoring Probe (EMP) to monitor temperature, humidity and the status of two dry contacts
- Improved diagnostics and reporting tools
- Improved translated documentation