Protect yourself from the unexpected.
Protect data and applications in your growing environment from unexpected disasters.
Establish optimal efficiency
You can quickly deploy your turnkey Dell DL4000 backup appliance, which is optimized to create efficiency for your growing business.
- Streamline and accelerate your backup operations to eliminate your backup window
- Reduce your backup footprint with integrated, inline block-level deduplication and compression, combined with optimized backups for WAN replication
- Make granular recoveries, with the ability to take snapshots as often as every five minutes
- Eliminate the need for hardware sizing, backup software configuration and system testing
- Simplify your management with the AppAssure Central Management Console
- Automatically provision DL4000 storage with the AppAssure Appliance Configuration Wizard
Benefit from the integrated, leading-edge technologies that form the foundation of AppAssure software for Microsoft® Windows® and Linux®.
- Maintain virtual standby machines that can be turned on quickly to restore critical servers
- Leverage near-instant recovery technology for protected virtual machines or servers with Live Recovery. Access the impacted server’s application and data directly from the backup image if there’s an outage, so users remain productive and your IT team will meet stringent RTOs and RPOs.
- Perform automated recovery testing and verification of backups for Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server with Verified Recovery. Identify data corruption early and prevent maintenance or transfer of corrupted data blocks during the backup process.
- Restore backups from physical to virtual, virtual to virtual, virtual to physical, or physical to cloud, as well as carry out bare metal restores to dissimilar hardware with Universal Recovery.
Support lifecycle storage solution support
Reduce IT complexity, eliminate inefficiencies and lower costs with Dell ProSupport™, your single source for premium 24×7 support across Dell and non-Dell hardware and software. You gain full support coverage from our global team of industry-certified backup and recovery support engineers to maximize uptime and IT investment. You can also obtain remote installation services to configure and validate key elements and optimize operational performance.
Standard edition: Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2640 6-core 2.5Ghz processors
High-capacity edition: Two Intel® Xeon® E5-2665 8 core 2.4Ghz processors
Hard Drives (Internal)
Ten 2.5” hard drives:
2x 300GB SAS drives for OS (2.5”, 10K, 6Gbps) RAID 1
8x 1TB NL SAS for backup (2.5”, 7.2K, 6Gbps) RAID 6
Hard Drives (external)
MD1200, PERC 810 RAID controller, NL SAS, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB (High Capacity)
Standard edition: 64GB RDIMM
High-capacity edition: 128GB RDIMM
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012, Standard (factory installed)
AppAssure Appliance Configuration Wizard, iDRAC7 Enterprise for remote management, AppAssure Central Management Console, Rapid Appliance Self Recovery Tool (RASR)
DL4000 base unit:
Height: 42.8mm (1.69 in); Width: 434mm (17.09 in); Depth: 701.3mm (27.61 in)
PowerVault MD1200 expansion shelf:
Height: 8.7cm (3.39 in); Width:48.2cm (18.8 in); Depth: 59.4cm (23.17 in)
ReadyRails™ II sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks with support for optional tool-less cable management arm
ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post (Telco) racks
Standard edition: 4x 1GbE Intel NIC; 4x 1GbE Broadcom NIC;
High-capacity edition: 2x 10GbE Intel NIC, 4x1GbE Intel NIC
Qlogic QLE 2562, driver 188.8.131.52 or later
Emulex LPE 12002; driver 184.108.40.206
For supported SAN configurations please see the DL4000 Interoperability Guide.
Maximum physical capacity
Standard edition: 5.5 TB, expandable to 40TB
High Capacity edition: 20TB, expandable to 80TB*
Auto-ranging, Platinum efficiency 750W
The DL4000 disk backup appliances are licensed based on the back-end compressed and deduplicated stored data capacity
Inline block level deduplication, snapshots, Live Recovery®, Verified Recovery, Scaling 5 Architecture
Standby Virtual Machines for Disaster Recovery - 2 Standard edition; 4 High Capacity edition included with license
AppAssure software protectionOperating systems supported distributions
Microsoft Windows 8 (all editions), 8.1 (all editions), Server 2003 (all editions), 2008 (all editions), 2008 R2 (all editions), 2008 R2 Server SP1 Core (all editions), Server 2012 (all editions), Server 2012 R2 (all editions), Storage Server 2012 (all editions), Storage Server 2012
R2 (all editions).
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, CentOS 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, Ubuntu 12.04 LS, 13.04,
SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11 SP2, SP3
Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Oracle VirtualBox, VMware® ESXi®, VMware® Workstation
Microsoft Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 5 or later
Microsoft Exchange 2010
Database Availability Group, Single Copy Clusters, and Cluster Continuous Replication
Microsoft SQL (Verified Recovery not included):
SQL Server 2005 or higher
Download printable materials to gain insight on how this product can help you simplify IT challenges.
Peruse webcasts and in-person activities near you to explore the technology behind this product.
Get the most from this product as you join your peers and Dell experts to access tools and learn best practices.