Combine cost-effectiveness with high capacity and performance
Enhance your enterprise data center with the high-performance, high-capacity and cost-effective Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS4100XV 3.5" GbE iSCSI arrays.
- Increased Density: Space-saving 2U 3.5” disk enclosure sized right for your small business, remote or branch office.
- Optimized scalability: Take advantage of highly virtualized peer storage for linear performance and capacity scalability.
- Management flexibility: Manage both file and block storage protocols through one console with EqualLogic Group Manager.
Enterprise features for smaller deploymentsIdeal for your growing storage needs, the PS4100XV 3.5” GbE iSCSI array is a Dell Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Take advantage of a data-center class IT solution in small and midsize businesses as well as enterprise branch offices.
- Use the EqualLogic virtualized scale-out architecture for server consolidation and virtualization.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your enterprise-wide EqualLogic SAN, including PS4100 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic SAN Headquarters.
- Expand easily into a larger EqualLogic SAN by adding PS4100 (maximum two per group) and PS6100 arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Choose your array
Build a more powerful data center using PS4100XV 3.5” arrays. With 12 SAS 3.5” HDDs and up to 7.2 terabytes of capacity, the PS4100XV 3.5” is an excellent balance of cost, capacity and performance.
The Dell EqualLogic PS4100 series enables you to choose the storage solution that best suits your small or midsize business or enterprise branch office. The PS4100 series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Two GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- Options for 12 or 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), or 15K SAS drives
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
Up to 256
128 per volume / up to 2,048 total per group
Up to 512 per pool / 1024 per group
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX per controller
Interface ports: Two 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. A maximum of two (2) PS4x00 arrays can be in a group.
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drives
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase
700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 600 mm (23.62 inches)
Weight: 29.3 kg (64.6 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 39.54 kg (87.17 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
|EqualLogic Array Software|
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
With faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today, the Dell™ ProSupport™* portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
- Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
- Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. Includes:
- 7x24 direct break-fix hardware and software support for your employees
- Access to a certified technician in two minutes or less
Dell ProSupport for IT
Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, database administrators, and internal service desks or helpdesks. Includes:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
- Collaborative hardware and software support
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. This package includes priority 4-hour on-site service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process and emergency dispatch.||Data management and protection — Helps ensure data security||Enterprise-wide contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Customization and setup services
Dell server and storage deployment services
Dell provides a comprehensive set of remote and on-site installation services for PowerEdge™ servers as well as PowerVault™, Dell | EMC™ and EqualLogic™ storage products to help reduce the time required to get your system up and running. These installation services help:
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell's EqualLogic Storage array and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the PS Series Storage Array and how to apply best practices when integrating a PS Series Storage Solution into a vSphere Data Center.