Gain SSD performance and HDD capacity in one iSCSI array
Experience SSD low-latency performance with spinning media HDD capacity in one storage solution with the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6100XS iSCSI array.
- Exceptional I/O performance: Up to 67% IOPS improvement with EqualLogic PS6100 and PS4100 Series arrays over previous generation arrays.*
- Optimized scalability: Take advantage of highly virtualized peer storage for linear performance and capacity scalability.
- Management flexibility: Manage both file and block storage protocols through one console with EqualLogic Group Manager.
Designed to scale with your business
Choose your array
Add extensive versatility to your enterprise storage needs using PS6100XS arrays. Combining seven SSDs with 17 HDDs into a single solution, the PS6100XS GbE iSCSI array adds a great deal of storage flexibility to your enterprise.
The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS drives or solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Seven (7) hot-pluggable Solid State Disk (SSD) drives and Seventeen (17) hot-pluggable SAS hard disk drives
Combines 2.5” 400GB and 800GB SSDs and 2.5” 600GB and 1.2TB 10K SAS drives.
Up to 26TB
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
GbE Network Interfaces
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: Four 1000BASE-T ports per controller
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
- Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase, 700 W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 624W; +5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 700 W
GPU & Chassis
- Height: 2U / 87 mm (3.42 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 561 mm (22.09 inches)
Weight: 24.2 kg (53.4 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 851 mm (33.50 inches) Width: 629 mm (24.75 inches) Depth: 395 mm (15.56 inches)
Packaged weight: 29.48 kg (65.00 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
|EqualLogic Array Software|
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
Dell ServicesDell believes that a well-planned and maintained storage infrastructure can support growing data requirements without the corresponding increase in cost and complexity. Intelligent data management allows organizations to optimize the value of their storage investment with a better use of resources. Dell Data Management Services can help customers design, implement, manage and maintain storage infrastructures that satisfy data availability, retention and recovery requirements.
Dell™ ProSupport™ —True enterprise-class support for complex environment with complex. More than 80 percent of IT budgets go to infrastructure maintenance costs, leaving little room for innovation. With the right support solution from Dell, you can focus on your core business.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
|ProSupport||Dell ProSupport Plus|
Designed for customers who want premium hardware and software support
Designed for critical systems in a customer’s environment.
|Dell Enterprise Deployment|
Dell provides a comprehensive set of flexible remote and on-site deployment services for PowerEdge™ and PowerEdge SC servers, as well as PowerVault™ and Dell EqualLogic storage products to optimize deployment and get your system up and running quickly. We deploy better than anyone else with our:
- Expert deployment engineers with deep product knowledge
- Proven processes based on best practices and comprehensive tools and software
- On demand global deployment resources and capabilities
- Get world class enterprise deployment services beginning with a single point of project manager to evaluate, plan, configure and integrate your enterprise solutions. Now that your infrastructure is optimally deployed, leverage our data migration experts to design a robust plan and migrate your data.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell EqualLogic storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices.
More information can be found here.