Deploy an enterprise storage solution built for performance
Bring high-performance, high-capacity and cost-effective storage together with the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6100XV 3.5” iSCSI array, ideal for large enterprise storage needs.
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers with 4GB non-volatile memory per controller
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives
3.5” 15,000RPM SAS or SAS SED disk drives available in 600 GB
14.4 TB* using twenty-four (24) 600 GB* 15,000 3.5" SAS or SAS SED disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Microsoft® Windows Server® including Hyper-V®
VMware® ESX Server™
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL)
SUSE® Enterprise Linux® (SLES)
Mac OS® X
For a complete list of supported OS versions including software initiators, NICs/CNAs, and HBAs, see the EqualLogic Compatibility Matrix on http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/storage/w/wiki/2661.equallogic-compatibility-matrix-07262013.aspx.
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50*
Management network: One 100BASE-TX dedicated management port per controller
Interface ports: Four 1000BASE-T ports per controller
Redundant hot-swappable controllers with vertical port sharing
Hot-swappable disks and power supplies
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
- Vertical port sharing
Redundant hot-swappable controllers, power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase, 1080W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 924W;+5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 1080 W
- Height: 4U / 175 mm (6.87 inches)
Width: 446 mm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 580 mm (22.83 inches)
Weight: 44.5 kg (97.9 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 905 mm (35.63 inches) Width: 607 mm (23.88 inches) Depth: 521 mm (20.50 inches)
Packaged weight: 60.73 kg (133.60 lbs)
ReadyRails™ II static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded-hole racks
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
Designed to scale with your business
Deploy cost-effective performance and capacity for your enterprise storage needs with the PS6100XV 3.5” iSCSI array, a Dell Storage solution with a virtualized scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage.
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business need
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual re-distributing of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Choose your array
Flex your storage muscles with the performance, capacity and economy of the PS6100XV 3.5” arrays. With 24 high-performance 3.5” SAS HDDs and up to 14.4 terabytes of capacity, the PS6100XV 3.5” GbE iSCSI array is an ideal solution for critical enterprise-storage applications.
The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS drives or solid state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
End-to-end servicesDell offers a wide range of professional services and tools to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your PS Series environment, including Dell ProSupport and SupportAssist.
Dell Services storage experts go beyond everyday administration to help you improve the performance and utilization of your Dell Storage systems. The Dell Storage Services portfolio provides system installation and implementation as well as training. From disaster recovery planning to physical relocation, the Dell Services team is available to provide professional assistance when you need it.
Comprehensive, proactive supportWith Dell ProSupport, you get the most out of your investment with the support expertise and insights Dell is known for across the globe. Dell ProSupport doesn’t just extend your IT team, it offers a single point of contact for all your hardware and software issues. Innovative tools like SupportAssist offer proactive issue notification and automated case creation to help streamline your support experience.
We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support for your Dell Storage PS Series solution. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Implement fast. Implement correctly. Implement once.Dell ProDeploy Enterprise Suite* can reduce costs and relieve your IT department of time-consuming implementation tasks that otherwise divert valuable IT resources from business-critical activities. We bring two unmatched values to every Dell Storage implementation: deep knowledge of our products and broad experience from performing thousands of deployments every year, in just about every type of customer environment. Choose ProDeploy Plus for the most complete deployment offer available in the market, ProDeploy for expert configuration and installations, or Basic Deployment for worry-free hardware installations.
Start on the right path with Dell Education ServicesGain the skills and knowledge necessary to simplify administration, optimize resources and improve disaster recovery with Dell Storage training. Choose from online courses designed to introduce Dell Storage to hands-on training that dive into the advanced features and best practices to prepare for a successful implementation right from the start. Learn more about the right classes for your organization.
Transform your data centerDell Storage Consulting Services can help you meet your complex storage infrastructure and data management needs while optimizing resources and budgets. Consulting services can help with:
- Storage infrastructure consolidation and risk-managed migration for both PS and SC Series systems
- Storage infrastructure optimization for virtual environments
- Data protection process development and backup/restore policies
- Data archiving to address long-term data retention, access and regulatory compliance
- Classification and categorization of data for storage tiering and archival
- Storage high availability and disaster recovery planning, design and implementation
Software and Services for a complete SAN solutionDell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions with software and services options to help you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Included with your PS Series array purchase are the EqualLogic™ array software and host software — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution.
EqualLogic Array Software
- EqualLogic Group Manager helps to streamline storage and data management.
- EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility minimizes downtime when transferring large amounts of data.
- EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
- Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the upgrade process with guided update management.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualizes SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimizes performance
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments to offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance and capacity and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with Support Assist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.